What's new

What case and screen protector are you using?

jtcb

Hi all,

I am shopping for a case and screen protector (plastic or tempered glass) for my SP4. Can you post what you are using on your SP4? Please list the brand and your decision and any comment you may have.

Ideally I would like to use surface's own kickstand. UAG case looks good and looks to provide good protection but I don't like the kickstand. The only thing I like UAG is the bungee cord that holds the typecover when not in use and the pen holder on the top of the case.

STM case also looks good and provide good protector. Its kickstand looks to have the same degree of flexibility as the one on the SP4. However, I still can't use the surface's kickstand. STM's SP3 case does let you use the surface's kickstand which I prefer over the SP4 version.

Thanks.

Last edited:

iliketoys

I picked this up from Amazon on a whim since it was cheap... Works just fine, has a slot for the pen, but its kinda ugly.

71kq8MZYHdL._SL1500_.jpg

Incipio has a few new ones out. Might try this one out next...

mrsf-069-blk_c.jpg

Huscos

I've had the Snugg case from the start. Good case but it's horizontal (can't charge easily in the case) and is oversized, so it doesn't fit in my Tumi messenger bag well. Amazon.com: Surface Pro 3 / 4 Case, Snugg™ - Leather Sleeve Case with Lifetime Guarantee (Brown) for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 / 4: Computers & Accessories

I just got the Waterfield vertical Sleevecase the other day, with D-ring and strap. Fantastic case. Small, good looking, great protection, pen attachment and small pocket. I almost like the case more than the SP4. I highly recommend it. Surface Pro 4 SleeveCase – WaterField Designs

Zkyevolved

I'm currently reviewing the UAG, it's nice. But for my day to day I'm using the memory foam laptop case and I do have a screen protector. I also have the 3 year warranty, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to keep my own device in perfect condition! Right? Lol.

In regards to the screen protector: I have a few, some are smoother than others (they're not matte or anything like that). So with the pen, you can feel the difference...

jace88

I'm currently reviewing the UAG, it's nice. But for my day to day I'm using the memory foam laptop case and I do have a screen protector. I also have the 3 year warranty, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to keep my own device in perfect condition! Right? Lol.

In regards to the screen protector: I have a few, some are smoother than others (they're not matte or anything like that). So with the pen, you can feel the difference...

Did you find that the screen protectors had any issues with the cases? e.g. some very tight fitting cases are so tight they can clash with the screen protector.

I'm currently looking at the STM Dux and UAG cases. I feel the UAG case is too big and bulky though for my needs.

Zkyevolved

Did you find that the screen protectors had any issues with the cases? e.g. some very tight fitting cases are so tight they can clash with the screen protector.

I'm currently looking at the STM Dux and UAG cases. I feel the UAG case is too big and bulky though for my needs.
Kent's Space: ESR Case for Surface Pro 4

I just reviewed this case, and it works perfectly with the 2 different types of screen protectors I use. Each case is different though, I suppose. These two screen protectors are very different from each other, though. Both protectors are of the plastic variety, not the glass. I've seen that the glass ones can sometimes inhibit the pen's ability to do pressure sensitivity or even tracking the darn thing! It's adding another layer in the end, so ... As thin as possible :D

Unix82

Can you please suggest what type of screen protectots you use and its not impacting the pen performance?

Zkyevolved

Can you please suggest what type of screen protectots you use and its not impacting the pen performance?

These work well
XShields (5-Pack) Clear HD Screen Protector Cover For Microsoft Surface Pro 4

As do these
2x Brotect protector de pantalla transparente para Microsoft Surface Pro 4

These last ones are thicker, and sometimes your clicking of the finger (touch screen) is a little different, but in general it's fine.
And the first link those are my favorite, but hey... To each his own! You DO need the plastic nibs for the pen, since this isn't glass, it's plastic, so plastic vs rubber creates a lot of drag. But with the plastic vs plastic, it slides very well. With both of these the pen worked great. :) best of luck!