What's new

Surface Pro 4 top issues

I think you must be misunderstanding something. My battery loss of 1/2%/hr. isn't a complaint. My last 3 laptops had roughly the same battery loss, all on Windows 7. I'm not being picky at all. There are others on this forum with similar results. But, some others are complaining about far more batter loss in sleep than I am. My Android tablet is also in that range. My one major concession on that Android tablet is an app that automatically puts it into auto airplane mode when sleeping.
Ah ok, my apologies then.

Prior to the November update, my drain rate (during CS) was about 1.5 % per hour, or 550mW drain. It's now about 3.5% per hour. Every time it goes into connected stand by, the graphics will be 16% and cpu 12%, regardless of the amount of time spent in connected standby (could be 30 minutes or 2 hours). I see people with similar numbers over at answers.microsoft.com - it seems consistent.

Right now, I have hello back on and notifications/wi-fi enabled while in sleep. I've read that some are turning all of this off, but doesn't the defeat the purpose of CS? Why not use hibernate if you don't want to be notified of anything? My device is setup to go into hibernate after 60 minutes, I changed it from the default 120 minutes.

I really wish the numbers were better during CS ..., but I guess that's just how it is right now.

mva5580

Can't you just use your phone for notifications? I mean I understand there might be some applications that have notifications which don't come up on your phone, but if you're wanting to get notified of email, calendar events, things like that, can't your phone handle it?

Can't you just use your phone for notifications? I mean I understand there might be some applications that have notifications which don't come up on your phone, but if you're wanting to get notified of email, calendar events, things like that, can't your phone handle it?

My phone is almost always in silent mode. I have to check it to be notified of something, rather than it notifying me. I figured I'd try the notification feature on the Surface and see how it works. If it turns out that I don't need it or it doesn't provide any value added, then I'll just simply disable Connected Standby and use hibernate, in which case battery drain while not using the device becomes a non issue. I guess I'm not seeing any other reason to use connected standby. So far, the surface comes out of hibernate quite quickly for me.

Gadget Goblin

Could some one give me some tips on battery please. I had 33% before work the other day to come home after 9 hours and it was dead.

I've since just been putting it into hibernation but reading what your loosing while just a sleep is crazy compared to what I've experienced.

I have the November update installed too.