What's new

Surface Pro 3 Power Management Sticky

SeanP

So I think the last update helped on battery. I also shut off Cortana as that seemed to be a BIG drain.

However, take a look at screenshot here. What does WU refer to in red? Apparently this is also taking up a fair amount of battery but I have looked and cannot figure out what it is?

Attachments

• Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,075

stustaff

So I think the last update helped on battery. I also shut off Cortana as that seemed to be a BIG drain.

However, take a look at screenshot here. What does WU refer to in red? Apparently this is also taking up a fair amount of battery but I have looked and cannot figure out what it is?

I'm only guessing but Windows Update?

SeanP

Man...this has gotten REALLY REALLY bad. Just today I've lost 38% battery in under 4 hours and of that 4 hours only 22 minutes I have had the screen actually on. The rest of the time, it has sat in my bag unopened. I even put it in airplane mode for most of that time. I took it out of my bag and the back of it was very warm. I knew right away something was off.

Can ANYONE PLEASE HELP!! I am going to attach the various sleep study report screen shots I have taken over the last 4 days, the Battery Report that Windows 10 now offers, and task manager screen shot of the two things that are causing the CPU to use 22% resources when I have ZERO open on it.

I disabled Cortana and yet, it says that it's using it via Edge? Maybe the Edge browser is that bad and I need to go back to the battery sucking Chrome that was NEVER this bad.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,029
  • Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    99.7 KB · Views: 984
  • Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,020
  • Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png