What's new

Surface Pro 3 Cover Trackpad

jonnymatthews

Hi.

I want to disable the Zoom function on my Surface Cover trackpad, but can't find an option to do this. On apps like MS Excel I'm having problems where the zoom level changes while I'm trying to drag and drop.

This is driving me slowly insane - can anybody help?

John

Telstar1948

If you disable "Enable swiping in from the left or right edge" will that also disable the zoom you're talking about? I assume you're talking about the Type Cover 3? I disabled this item because I'd hit the touchpad randomly sometimes and on my screen things would jump in from the left or right (open apps and the charms bar), which disrupted my focus on what I was doing.

kundas1

yea Im really starting to dislike the trackpad on the keyboard typecover.. but I luv the keyboard.. always never right clicks properly (makes a left click instead) or it moves when I attempt to click on a link... very frustrating.. I'm sure others aren't having this sorta trouble and its just me... but still annoying for me none the less

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
yea Im really starting to dislike the trackpad on the keyboard typecover.. but I luv the keyboard.. always never right clicks properly (makes a left click instead) or it moves when I attempt to click on a link... very frustrating.. I'm sure others aren't having this sorta trouble and its just me... but still annoying for me none the less

Join the club. It works in a pinch but i find the trackpad infuriating. For me the biggest issue is this nonsense about having buttons included in the pad. Try and click a small link and in the process of pressing the button, you also move the mouse a few pixels and end up clicking on nothing! I also have the issue of it left clicking a lot when i'm pressing what ought to be the right button. Love the keyboard, despise the mouse.

razy60

Your not alone. I think the term your looking for is "Fat fingers" , my problem is the 2 finger swipe I have a habit of keeping my fingers on the touchpad I find all sorts of weird box's, windows and zooming effects occurring, or as they say don't drink and type.

OP
J

jonnymatthews

If you disable "Enable swiping in from the left or right edge" will that also disable the zoom you're talking about? I assume you're talking about the Type Cover 3? I disabled this item because I'd hit the touchpad randomly sometimes and on my screen things would jump in from the left or right (open apps and the charms bar), which disrupted my focus on what I was doing.

'Enable Swiping' is switched off but that hasn't helped and yes, this is the Type 3 Cover. It has helped get rid of a few other annoyances, but the zooming in and out makes me seasick!

Telstar1948

I really like the Type Cover, and like most find the touch pad a bit disappointing. The disappointing aspect of it for me is, like some have said, move your cursor where you want it and in the process of taking your finger off the touch pad the cursor moves! Drives me nuts. I've compared this to a MB I have and that touch pad doesn't do that...go figure.

Liam2349

OMG! I didn't know about the 2 finger tapping for the right click... that DOES make it a little better/easier...

It's a nice feature. It works great in IE Metro for bringing up the tabs, just right click anywhere that's not a link and click your tab. Saves having to swipe in from the bezel. Same with Drawboard.