What's new

How to turn on BitLocker after clean install of Windows 10

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thats not good. Is there a way to reset all partitions to factory default. I did clean install from a system image I downloaded from Microsoft and during installation there was no problem.
Honestly I only way I know is using the bootable disk and delete all of the partitions first (Using DiskPart or from an Advanced Install) and then use recovery image to bring it back to factory.

OP
Tatletz

Tatletz

Thank you jnjroach, realy appreciate your help. I am a bit concerned if I delete all partitions(assuming drive c too) will I be able to boot from usb containing the recovery image?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you jnjroach, realy appreciate your help. I am a bit concerned if I delete all partitions(assuming drive c too) will I be able to boot from usb containing the recovery image?
Booting from USB would work even if your SSD was gone....it is part of the UEFI. It may be time to talk to support for the best path forward.

OP
Tatletz

Tatletz

Booting from USB would work even if your SSD was gone....it is part of the UEFI. It may be time to talk to support for the best path forward.

Well, I might check it with Microsoft. Actually with or without BitLocker, I don't see any difference in my SP3 performance, so far all works good so I can not complain. Is it because I formatted the C drive before the installation or not I wouldn't know. Any way, I might try deleting all partitions and then install Windows 10 from a recovery image again.