What's new

How to turn on BitLocker after clean install of Windows 10

Tatletz

Hi guys.
Yesterday I did a clean install of Windows 10 and the wizard asked to turn of bitlocker on drive C before the installation. After that I could not turn it back on.
Kind regards,
Tatletz

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    96.9 KB · Views: 834
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    114.6 KB · Views: 739
  • Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    96.9 KB · Views: 740
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    114.6 KB · Views: 730

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
How did you create the partitions? Also, try loaded the default secure boot keys in UEFI. If worst comes to worst, download the recovery image and load that...

OP
Tatletz

Tatletz

Hi jnjroach, I didnt touch the partitions. When the installation started it asked to turn off bitlocker from control panel then proceed with the install. I formated drive c(something I always do with no issues after that) and proceeded. I dont know how to load these secure boot keys. I downloaded windows 10 recovery image and reseted my surface pro 3, but problem still there. Also tried to recet it with control panel recovery drive but no luck.
Any help will be sppreciated
Thank you!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi jnjroach, I didnt touch the partitions. When the installation started it asked to turn off bitlocker from control panel then proceed with the install. I formated drive c(something I always do with no issues after that) and proceeded. I dont know how to load these secure boot keys. I downloaded windows 10 recovery image and reseted my surface pro 3, but problem still there. Also tried to recet it with control panel recovery drive but no luck.
Any help will be sppreciated
Thank you!
Power down and hold the volume rocker up and power up, go to the UEFI Screen and you can load the default keys from there....

OP
Tatletz

Tatletz

In UEFI screen there are several options and under secure boot control is "delete all secure boot keys" So what should I do, can you be more specific please. My surface otherwise works fine, not sure if I miss something by not having bitlocker on.
Thank you!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Secure Boot Control
Select Secure Boot Control to enable or disable this feature. When Secure Boot Control is enabled, you have two additional options:
  • If Secure Boot keys are installed, you can delete them by selecting Delete All Secure Boot Keys.
  • If Secure Boot keys aren't installed, you can select Install All Factory Default Keys and select either Windows & 3rd-party UEFI CA (Default) or Windows only.
Load Windows Only

OP
Tatletz

Tatletz

Did all this, enable/disable secure boot control, delete then install secure boot keys(both windows only and windows and 3rd party options) reboot and having the same issue. Apparently there is some registry keys solution but not sure how to do it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Did all this, enable/disable secure boot control, delete then install secure boot keys(both windows only and windows and 3rd party options) reboot and having the same issue. Apparently there is some registry keys solution but not sure how to do it.
I should asked this first, are you using a local or MS Account?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
That is weird as you are showing that S0iX is enabled and can work on a Bitlockered system....