What's new

Competition from Dell?

Sven

TN Panel ... hell no. #Pass.

No word on the stylus tech employed either.

However, bodes well for what lies ahead once the SP4 emerges.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
More interesting details... http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2471724,00.asp

"For retailers, there's the Mobile Payment Cover, which has built-in hardware for swiping credit cards and reading barcodes, allowing you to ring up customers anywhere in the store. You can attach a hand strap for more portability or use the built-in VESA mounting holes to attach it to a Point-of-Sale docking station. The credit card stuff is all handled by VeriFone, a well-known name in credit authentication, but if you ever need support for the device you also get Dell's dedicated customer service (in partnership with VeriFone) along with tech support for the tablet and cover.

It's not all about sales, either. Dell also offers a special case for healthcare environments. The white plastic case is safe to scrub with common sanitation chemicals and then simply wipe down. All of the ports are covered and protected from various fluids and materials, and the screen cover works with latex-gloved hands."

Reactions: Kif

Nuspieds

The Surface remains ahead, for sure; however, competition is good and better that we have a growing Windows tablet ecosystem than one that is virtually stagnant.

dleuen

Even if performance and quality were equal with the Dell, I personally prefer the looks of the SP3. Microsoft nailed it for physical design.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even if performance and quality were equal with the Dell, I personally prefer the looks of the SP3. Microsoft nailed it for physical design.
Relevant for consumers however, in the business marketplace not many buying decisions will be based on looks. :)

malberttoo

Relevant for consumers however, in the business marketplace not many buying decisions will be based on looks. :)

Not entirely true! Depending on who does the purchasing... I can think of several times that my desire for purchasing a decent device was pushed over the edge by its sexy looks... :D