What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Same app & version exactly, works and doesn't drain battery in 8.1. Dualboot to Win 10, drains battery and fan runs like crazy. Clearly an MS issue.

I'm going to disagree with you. Who's to say that Google hasn't put the proper bits in Chrome to make it work effectively on Win 10??

I would say efficiently rather than effectively. That's where the problem has been, efficient use of resources. Both memory and processor.

Will the RTM version be without debug code? Because the debug code is the start of all evil in software usage. I could think about switching to 10 at the end of the month if that's the case. The current buggy builds with all kinds of debug things happening are pure shit compared to the smoothly running 8.1.
Yes, unless you stay on the insider program, then no guarantees.

Disagree. Same app & version exactly, works and doesn't drain battery in 8.1. Dualboot to Win 10, drains battery and the fan runs like crazy. Clearly an MS issue.

At the end of the day both of us are just speculating, but all of the evidence on the internet appears to point towards google..

There's about 8 different things that will put a notice in that area and make it white.

But the only one they tell you what the notice is for is for updates.

If something changes in one of the other items such as bluetooth it turns it white but they don't tell you where the change was.

REALLY REALLY SUCKS

Very poor programming.

Any notice should tell us exactly what it is about and what changed and where.

Same here.

Well, I just ran into a boo boo. I can't open OneNote in 10162. I get an error dialog box that says, "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to sign you in. Please try again later." along with a "Try again" button, which doesn't do anything.

Well, I just ran into a boo boo. I can't open OneNote in 10162. I get an error dialog box that says, "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to sign you in. Please try again later." along with a "Try again" button, which doesn't do anything.

Works just fine for me. Don't know if it's important enough to you to reinstall office.

I was on a 1 hour webinar this morning on behalf of Microsoft and it was mostly about converting corporate clients to Windows 10. They had a long list of questions they were answering and probably could have gone another hour. One thing I did get out of it that I didn't already mention here is that it sounded as if anyone on the Insider Program, on fast ring, will essentially stay on fast ring going forward, (unless they change to slow). BUT they stressed that it had to be on your system as a result of an upgrade. Once it's an upgrade and the hardware has been validated you can do a clean install.

I was on a 1 hour webinar this morning on behalf of Microsoft and it was mostly about converting corporate clients to Windows 10. They had a long list of questions they were answering and probably could have gone another hour. One thing I did get out of it that I didn't already mention here is that it sounded as if anyone on the Insider Program, on fast ring, will essentially stay on fast ring going forward, (unless they change to slow). BUT they stressed that it had to be on your system as a result of an upgrade. Once it's an upgrade and the hardware has been validated you can do a clean install.

Ok just so I'm straight on that- that means no going out and buying a new Win 10 laptop, and then jumping onto the Insider program? Rather, you'd have to install Win 8 on it first (even though yes it came with Win 10), then upgrade to Win 10 from 8, and THEN you could jump onto Insider?

Ok just so I'm straight on that- that means no going out and buying a new Win 10 laptop, and then jumping onto the Insider program? Rather, you'd have to install Win 8 on it first (even though yes it came with Win 10), then upgrade to Win 10 from 8, and THEN you could jump onto Insider?
They didn't have a question that addressed that scenario so I don't have an answer. But I assume that would be the case. They did say, twice, that the Insider Program would be ongoing.

They didn't have a question that addressed that scenario so I don't have an answer. But I assume that would be the case. They did say, twice, that the Insider Program would be ongoing.

Nice that it will be ongoing, I think it's a good idea. Microsoft definitely seems to be a lot more interested in user feedback this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back