What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they would release a build that would have that huge of a bug. If the next official build does that to me, I will definitely go back to 8.1. Was it that way as soon as you finished upgrading to the unreleased next build?

I guess we might expect this to be one of the new hardware upgrades for an SP4?

Spartan will be included in the next build. For sure. It is no more a secret.
Hello should be included in a close future. But when ?

I don't think the SP4 will have any finger print sensor, unless if they figure out how to fusion this type of sensor with the capacitive home button. I think Hello will work using facial recognition with all the Surface devices. Something very advanced and secure. That is why I think Hello will mostly be a software update and not a hardware update. The finger print thingy will proabably be used on laptops.

This is my point of view, but I might be totally wrong.

I can't believe they would release a build that would have that huge of a bug. If the next official build does that to me, I will definitely go back to 8.1. Was it that way as soon as you finished upgrading to the unreleased next build?

Its kinda flaky but this isnt an official build.

Its kinda flaky but this isnt an official build.

Well, you said pretty much everything.

Gabe Aul said a few times that they did not release 10036 to the public because of important bugs. These issues (People, Mail, Calendar, Start Menu not working) have since then been reported pretty much everywhere (Twitter, Neowin, Insider Forums, etc...) by people using the leak.

And I still seriously wonder about the safety of a leak. The people who leaked the file could also have put whatever malware/trojan/virus they wanted into the ISO...

It gets lonely waiting for a new Build...
... and not the first pirate Build that comes alongside

Screenshot (323).png

I don't think the SP4 will have any finger print sensor, unless if they figure out how to fusion this type of sensor with the capacitive home button. I think Hello will work using facial recognition with all the Surface devices. Something very advanced and secure. That is why I think Hello will mostly be a software update and not a hardware update. The finger print thingy will proabably be used on laptops.

Hello will require either a fingerprint reader or an infrared camera. The infrared camera is for iris+facial recognition so you can't fool it with a photo of the person.

Other than the Start Menu bugginess (still can't figure out what is so damned hard about thousands of programmers creating a decent Start Menu?) this build seems to perform well.

You know, maybe part of it is that TPTB at MS are a little pissy over having to reintrouduce a W7 style Start Button at all and are holding back on development out of spite. I mean think about it, if they turn out a really awesome powerful W7 style Start Button, it makes getting rid of it in W8 look that much dumber. Remember, MS actually did research that showed almost no one even used the W7 Start Button (preposterous). Even in a big company like MS, egos still shade decision making.

This isn't hard. Someone is making it hard.

Agreed.

Other than the Start Menu bugginess (still can't figure out what is so damned hard about thousands of programmers creating a decent Start Menu?) this build seems to perform well.

You know, maybe part of it is that TPTB at MS are a little pissy over having to reintrouduce a W7 style Start Button at all and are holding back on development out of spite. I mean think about it, if they turn out a really awesome powerful W7 style Start Button, it makes getting rid of it in W8 look that much dumber. Remember, MS actually did research that showed almost no one even used the W7 Start Button (preposterous). Even in a big company like MS, egos still shade decision making.

This isn't hard. Someone is making it hard.

Or maybe it's way, way down the product backlog list and isn't getting any attention as a distant priority to things like Spartan and Hello. Thousands of programmers doubtful, the core of an OS development team is usually a few dozen individuals, if that.

I don't really see why they would be unable to create such a button. I'd have no issue with the button becoming physical instead of a silly capacitive thing. Also got to consider the possible battery implications for facial recognition. Having to activate the camera every 10 minutes can't be too good for battery i'd have thought (not that i know very much..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back