What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I can't imagine editing the registry in a technical preview/beta like Windows 10, and certainly not for updates. I imagine doing this fix could have all sorts of unintended consequences.
Well Paul Thurott would not have posted it if it wasn't safe. I did it the day he posted. No ill effects.

Well Paul Thurott would not have posted it if it wasn't safe. I did it the day he posted. No ill effects.

I did it, too, since this one had a plausible bug explanation. No troubles.

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (77).png

I don't know if you guys noticed but there is actually a way to maximise completely the window of an app to get rid of the taskbar in tablet mode.

Just click the little double arrow on the top right of the app's window. Swipping up from the bottom will reactivate the taskbar.

Kind of making the tablet mode more comfortable.

My SP3 keeps installing that same 1/27 update over and over and Notifications is telling me about emails from a week ago but ignoring current emails. Weird.

How much is it? Store says "Free" but it isn't (hate that because the functions advertised as "free" clearly are not).

I had bought it during Surface Pro 2 days. At that time it was £3.49. Not sure what the current cost is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back