What's new

Surface Hub (pen control) available

nipponham

Well, I just tested it out and my first impression is it's a little underwhelming. The slider to adjust pen sensitivity is misleading because it gives you the impression that you can adjust on a sliding scale. What it really is, is a seven-level adjustment setting.

The button assignment setting only gives you the two different OneNote options. That's enough for me, but I'm sure there are others who would like more flexibility with that.

I suppose this is a start and Microsoft can work on upgrading this app but for now, I would give it 2 out of 5 stars.

daniielrp

Well, I just tested it out and my first impression is it's a little underwhelming. The slider to adjust pen sensitivity is misleading because it gives you the impression that you can adjust on a sliding scale. What it really is, is a seven-level adjustment setting.

The button assignment setting only gives you the two different OneNote options. That's enough for me, but I'm sure there are others who would like more flexibility with that.

I suppose this is a start and Microsoft can work on upgrading this app but for now, I would give it 2 out of 5 stars.

I have to agree - Surface hub implies there would be more than just pen control. It would be useful to allow us to change more Surface specific settings, or give info on firmware updates.

r0b123

My pen is recognized in W10 but still can't open OneNote or capture screen with top button.

Able to repro this too. I posted and submitted my feedback. Hoping they fix this with their interim stream of updates soon.

Aurelio

The surface hub can't see my pen, eve if that dam pen is working with Bluetooth and everything!

And I remember I had one update for my pen a few days a go (and they released 2, so I know I have one of the 2 for sure, or It download 2 and I didn't noticed :(. )

Welllll..... let's keep trying.

annabanana

I had the same thing happen at first. I googled it and found instructions to go to Control Panel, Devices and Printers, and refresh the view 3 times. It connected and works after doing that.
Edit also OneNote has to be not running.

Last edited:

Aurelio

Yeah... I tried this thing of refresh 3 times (it's on the Surface Hub) bt nothing... I'll try tomorrow Again!

TunaSurface

I open the app, it shows this picture for a couple of seconds and then crashes.
I have the original surface pro, which I guess isn't supported.
Näyttökuva (85).png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very underwhelmed. Thought given the time it's been "in the works" it would have more features than this. Pressure curve should have an advanced options to allow artists full customization, and the button mapping, it's just pathetic to be quite fair.

kristalsoldier

When I first tried the app, it did not recognize the Pen. So, I uninstalled it. I then reinstalled the app, opened Devices and Services, did the refresh and lo behold the app recognize the pen. Since I did not want to change anything, I did not. I am hoping there will be further developments on this front in due course.

Sven

My OneNote has started crashing immediately after installing and using this app. Ugh. Painful.

Edit: OneNote Modern app only ...

Last edited: