What's new

Recommend Screenshot/ Screencapture

OP
jott27

jott27

Private message (Conversation).
I tried to reply to your PM but got somehow lost in in the process. I think my reply was never sent. Thanks for your help. As time goes on I will eventually get the hang on how to use this forum without being terminated in the process of writing. My screen capture question produced enough responses to keep me occupied for some while.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This is your reply! Anyway, call me if you want some friendly help.

You own a PC. All PC software will work on it. It just happens to be a "Surface" device from Microsoft, which is a PC with a touch screen that they manufacture and market. You are not limited to the Microsoft App Store.

This is the same as if you purchased a Volvo car, and believed that you couldn't use a cup holder in your new car unless you bought it from the Volvo dealership. You can use myriad car accessories in your Volvo.

wpcoe

I've started using the <Shift>+<WindowsKey>+S utility which is built into Win10 and find it pretty handy.

Turbo4AWD

I've started using the <Shift>+<WindowsKey>+S utility which is built into Win10 and find it pretty handy.

Does that function let you scroll down the page and continue the capture? Or does it stop at the bottom of the current page and leaves you with just a one page capture?

wpcoe

Does that function let you scroll down the page and continue the capture? Or does it stop at the bottom of the current page and leaves you with just a one page capture?
No scrolling -- it puts a grey overlay on the screen to mask what is not being selected to be in the screen shot and locks the display until you take the screen shot. It works well for a simple screen grab when you don't need the whole window (or screen) by using the PrtScrn key. I like that it doesn't require any separate utility to be installed, although it is pretty basic.

Plantje

Or: push the windows key (going to the start menu/start screen) and without doing anything else start typing "snip" while doing that you will see "Snip and sketch" as one of the best options. Most likely the "Snipping tool" will be in there as well.

As soon as you have made a new screen shot it is immediately on your "clipboard"

Orlbuckeye

If you go to the search in your taskbar and type snipping tool. There is one that come with Windows 7 and 10 at least. I just paste it to the taskbar and i can use it anytime.

Get into Start Menu, select All apps, choose Windows Accessories and tap Snipping Tool. Type snip in the search box on taskbar, and click Snipping Tool in the result. Display Run using Windows+R, input snippingtool and hit OK. Launch Command Prompt, type snippingtool.exe and press Enter.