What's new

Please help me project my desktop to LG Smart TV (wasted 6 hours)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have the TV firmware up to date.

Thinking of getting PTV3000 but $60 down the drain if it does not work.

So if I go the cable way then I will need min display port to HDMI adapter > then long HDMI cable to get from table to HDMI input of the LG LM620s TV. Correct?
I use the PTV3000 with my Surface Pro 3 all the time, just updated the firmware to the latest version.

OP
I

isurf

Yea but I have Surface Pro 2. You think it will work same? o_O

I am Europe....
Mini Display Port to HDM adapter + 10m long HDMI cable costs - > 53 local goats
PTV3000 costs -> 80 local goats.

The cable option means 100% success. PTV3000 option if works would be sexier even if I have to kill 27 extra goats :D

Any final words before I get my goats out?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've used the PTV3000 with the SP2, S2, SP3, Dell Venue 8 Pro, Lumia 1520, Samsung UltraTouch 5....its pretty compatible across the board.

toaf

my SP2 works perfect with my PTV3000. i did update its firmware, but it worked before that.

DNP

isurf...hope the PTV3000 works out or you...I have the Chromecast adaptor, but have been thinking about either the PTV3k or the MS wireless display adaptor (pending release). The MS product costs a little bit more, but I was thinking that it might be more "compatible" OOB with the SP2, but that can't really be confirmed until it's formally released. Please let us know how it works out. Thanks.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/wireless-display-adapter

Ok ordered it (PTV3000)....mind said go cable route but heart won out :eek: Will be delivered in a day or two.

Don't work like that is my neck of the wood.

OP
I

isurf

isurf...hope the PTV3000 works out or you...I have the Chromecast adaptor, but have been thinking about either the PTV3k or the MS wireless display adaptor (pending release). The MS product costs a little bit more, but I was thinking that it might be more "compatible" OOB with the SP2, but that can't really be confirmed until it's formally released. Please let us know how it works out. Thanks.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/wireless-display-adapter

Wow the MS version is nice and small. When will it be available? Can't find much info on release date. My next presentation is in 2 weeks so doubt it would be available by then in US let alone Europe.

Well PTV3000 costs here $80 so $60 for MS version to me sounds cheaper (assuming it does not also cost more in Europe).

P.S- How does MS fit all the electronics in such a small thing while Netgear requires more volume? Is the tech better on the PTV3000?

ProOrNo

Do you have an android device that can miracast to test the tv ability to connect?
My moto x will miracast fine, but none of the three win8.1 devices will not. It gets to the "peer IP address" and balks, finally timing out.

I have not found a way to make miracast work with any miracast enabled TVs and windows.

godashram

Miracast, as awesome as it can be, can be headache inducing. The PTV3000 only works because netgear constantly updates it to make it better. When I bought mine, my surface would not connect without 1st updating the firmware. I have a phillips miracast reciever that works with my android tablets, but not my SP2. A friend has an android "hdmi stick" that only works with older android miracast devices. The microsoft (and nokia) device pretty much should work flawlessly with the Microsoft line of devices. Also, the PTV3000 is VERY small, to the point that I have a PS3 camera on mine to weigh it down a bit as it's too light to stay in place with the HDMI and USB cables plugged in.