What's new

New Surface 2 - trouble with Youtube videos

oion

Guys I found shockwave?
Is it just me?

Well, there's a Shockwave Flash Object under third party application component.

I ran a Youtube test just now in metro IE11, though and it didn't crash for me on my Surface 2. Initial front page freeze and a bit slow, but managed to get videos playing. I think this whole thing is still in flux.

ctitanic

Screenshot (31).png

That's Flash player. If you disable that you are forcing youtube to give you the html5 version which is better. The problem is that you are disabling Flash. Pages like Amazon Primetime won't work.

ctitanic

Ok I FOUND IT!
You have to youtube then disable shockwave in the settings. It only appears in add-ons if you are in a rich media website with lots of flash content.

Yes, it's Adobe Flash Player, Shockwave used to be the old name so I was surprised to see you calling it in that way. Read my previous post. I don't think that the workaround is a good one.

oion

Yes, it's Adobe Flash Player, Shockwave used to be the old name so I was surprised to see you calling it in that way. Read my previous post. I don't think that the workaround is a good one.

It's a very temporary workaround at best, that's for sure. But my Metro IE11 didn't crash on Youtube, only temporary freeze/slow loading.