What's new

fan noise

Grumpy2

Wynard32 said "This is all from memory and may not be exactly precise. But seriously, "cholesterol is a plaque that lines the arteries of the body...and can eventually lead to a heart attack."? That's complete hogwash"

Unfortunately Wynard32 you do not know what you are talking about. The reason people take Cholesterol reducing medication is to help prevent the build up of cholesterol (plaque) in the arteries. All of what I said is fact. I am on Cholesterol reducing medication for that reason. This time last year I was given an Angiogram which revealed that the three arteries going to and from the heart are severely clogged. I was told if things do not improve then I will need open heat surgery (a triple by-pass operation) to correct the problem. I was also told by the Cardiac and Thoracic surgeon that without this operation I could suffer a heart attack which would probably be fatal. So I would suggest that before you tell someone that what they said is "hogwash" that you get your facts right first. As I have been under the care of a Cardiologist and other medical professionals for just over twelve months now I know what I am talking about. You unfortunately do not.