What's new

Display Driver Crashing

dizx

I'm having several display issues. Sometimes when I touches the screen, a square box with vertical lines appears, and it follow my fingers. The display driver crashes constantly. I had mouse problems when I connected my Surface 2 to an external screen through HDMI. It feels like a product still in beta..

Tom T

I have a similar issue on my Samsung Ativ 500t, it started immediately after installing Win8.1 and happens every time I wake the device. It only results in a short delay in waking then gives me the message the Intel graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered. Similar issue on Ace W3 after installing Win 8.1

ctitanic

One day without any Display crash, the only changes, I disabled the BT and Started the Windows Error Reporting Service after changing it's property from Manual to Automatic.

Screenshot (17).png

ctitanic

One day without any Display crash, the only changes, I disabled the BT and Started the Windows Error Reporting Service after changing it's property from Manual to Automatic.

View attachment 1293

Really weird, when this service is running the display driver is not crashing, as soon as I enabled it, the display stated to crash again

ctitanic

Ok, I know what is the explanation. When Windows Error Reporting Service is running the Reliability Report does not log and that means that some events are not logged properly in the event viewer, so, it's not that the display crash is not happening but that is not logged.

quickfire55

Does anyone have a solution for this display driver crashing issue? Has anyone determined whether it is hardware or software related?

I called support and they told me to refresh my device and call back. The device refresh did not help and my display driver crashes at least once per day.

kundas1

Having this problem since I got my Surface 2, was wondering when MS was gonna fix this with a proper working release of divers

quickfire55

The funny thing is, the tech seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. Certainly enough folks have called in where they can at least say, "it's a driver issue, don't bother refreshing your device." My concern is that it's hardware related. I'm getting ready to move to Spain for 4 years. I don't want to take a faulty Tablet with me.