What's new

Dell Venue Pro 11 serious competitor of Surface Pro 2, what do you think?

OP
S

shazada

I think the price could be a bit lower, it's not extremely high. the Dell XPS 11 is a ultrabook and the screen can't come off so it's not entirely the same product line.

But the accessories are damn high in price. a dock for 200, hmmm I can get a Notebook dock for less! which has tons of more output and is probably built better. A mouse for 70,-.......
They think they can match Apple with their prices, but sadly they get away with it.

Last edited:

demandarin

Plus another negative for the dell is all 3 variants only run with Intel 4200 HD gpu. The pro2 is running the 4400 Intel HD gpu. So its gpu performance is more on par with pro1

demandarin

The only dell that I like is the dell venue pro. With bay trail. Now that's an 8in. Device I might get. But surface mini is in the works also so I might wait.

OP
S

shazada

Honestly, I would never buy a mobile device (tablet, laptop, hybrid) that is plastic ever again. Cheap crap. Metal alloy all the way. Well, I might do carbon fiber.
You can always wrap it :p.

[video=youtube;0MO80LrIK_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MO80LrIK_g[/video]

chatterbot

chatterbot

If bay trail config of the 11Pro is more powerful than the tegra 3, can watch videos on the web without a problem, and gets 8 hrs of battery life, I'm buying it. no brainer. I'm just waiting for the reviews. I'll sell my surface RT for $250, perhaps.