What's new

What wasn't at the surface event, and what I would love to see.

kojack

So, I spent an hr watching the surface event. I am all in for a duo 2 512gb when my contract matures with my current device. My son is getting either a pro 8, or a go 3, depending on LTE options on both. I think I may get him the 8 and sell his laptop and iPad.

What wasn't at the event, was a new studio desktop and surface studio monitor. As a creator, I would love to have 2 studio monitors with pen support, dial support and touch. My setup now is as close as I can get. XPS 8940 with a load of internal upgrades (probably better powerwise than a studio), a 24" touchscreen dell monitor and a 24" non touch dell monitor. I would love to have 2 28" surface monitors. that would be killer setup.

Anyone else want to see something else from microsoft?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was expecting a new ProX with the latest Qualcomm chip. Alas, I guess next year they will have the first Qualcomm stab at an Apple M1 competitor. Not expecting it will match it necessarily but should be in the same league and ballpark.

wpcoe

My son is getting either a pro 8, or a go 3, depending on LTE options on both. I think I may get him the 8 and sell his laptop and iPad.
From the information out there now, the SP8 will only have LTE for business users; it will not be offered on the consumer models. That said, the entire SP7+ product line was for business users, but anybody could buy it off the Microsoft business user web page. I haven't been able to track down a SP8 page for the business models yet.

Also, LTE for SP8 is a "future offering," and apparently won't be here until 2022.