What's new

Without dGPU is the SB the same as SP4? Other differences?

Niterider4

If the SP4 drains battery at random when in sleep mode, and routinely fails to wake from sleep or hibernate, and has intermittent errors when attaching and detaching the keyboard, then it's pretty much the same as the SB.

Seneleron

Aww that's junk. You can't use the ad card as a external save as every time you disconnect the display you loose the sd card.

And every time you plug it back in you get it back. For everything else there's [no, not mastercard] onedrive! It's really not as bad as it may sound.

If the SP4 drains battery at random when in sleep mode, and routinely fails to wake from sleep or hibernate, and has intermittent errors when attaching and detaching the keyboard, then it's pretty much the same as the SB.

Some days I SWEAR I'm the only person left in the world who shuts down their computer when away for extended periods. As to the rest of those issues. .are those still happening?

Niterider4

The sleep/hibernate issue continues to be a major issue for me. I could shut it down every time I walk away from it, but I don't see why I should have to do that - especially when MS boasted about the phenomenal sleep/battery management on this expensive machine. I don't get many other errors, but there are people on this forum who are still reporting DD errors and attach/detach errors.

Seneleron

but I don't see why I should have todo that

I sense a disturbance in the force: it's as if an uncounted mass of IT support techs suddenly slammed their heads to their desks repeatedly...

Astonish

Actualy me too I shut it down everytime I leave for more than 10 minutes since it shuts down and boots up pretty fast for my needs.

I did not have the problems mentioned above, tho I own it since yesterday. :) I have been attaching and detaching it many times, using it on drawing programs, never had an issue, fortunately.

Today I have been using it since three hours for drawing, listening to music on spotify with brightness set to 50 peecent. Wifi, bluetooth on. Casuly like now using Edge Browser. I am using it on Batery Saver mode since today I am just sketching lightly, I still have 71 percent of battery. Realy impressed. (i7, 8 gb, 256 ssd version)

Cheers,

dstrauss

The sleep/hibernate issue continues to be a major issue for me. I could shut it down every time I walk away from it, but I don't see why I should have to do that - especially when MS boasted about the phenomenal sleep/battery management on this expensive machine. I don't get many other errors, but there are people on this forum who are still reporting DD errors and attach/detach errors.

This is my third try with the Surface Book, and except for sleep deprivation (come on Microsoft, if you are going to continue to insist on connected standby FIX IT) - it has been good. As for the sleep issue, I've set mine to hibernate after 15 minutes of sleep, and it has been stable, recovers from hibernate pretty quickly, and has cut battery drain to 1-3% for each hibernate event (in other words, that's total loss overnight, but if I hibernate between a couple of meetings that are more than 15 minutes apart that happens during each sleep/hibernate session).