What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Both in-place upgrade and clean install from ISO left me with constant screen flashes and spontaneous reboots ...

Replace the video drivers as stated in prior post. Of course, you need to find the 8/5/2014 Intel drivers for the i7, these are for the i5 4400.

mitchellvii

I think it would be nice if Start Menu Tiles included Jump Lists as the Taskbar Tiles do. I'd use a lot fewer Taskbar Tiles were this the case.

matti.laitala

I downgraded display adapter drivers to the version from August firmware update for Surface 3 and now all video related things works! Netflix, Youtube etc all works now. How can MS miss such a flaw with the latest drivers..

mitchellvii

I downgraded display adapter drivers to the version from August firmware update for Surface 3 and now all video related things works! Netflix, Youtube etc all works now. How can MS miss such a flaw with the latest drivers..

Hey dude, it's M$. They have an entire Division dedicated to missing obvious stuff and breaking what works. :)

mitchellvii

Man this is so weird. Whenever I use tablet in portrait my fan goes nuts and I could fry bacon on the back. Strange.

Also, screen suddenly went to 1/2 brightness. Couldn't figure it out until I realized system had somehow spontaneously re-enabled auto brightness (which they should call auto-darkness).

Derekamoss

Both in-place upgrade and clean install from ISO left me with constant screen flashes and spontaneous reboots ...

Yeah I am having the same issue too Black screen, no response with touch and for 5secs boom touch activated back to the black screen and then it just reboots it self.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
For the black screen and brightness problem, try the drivers from 3/7/2014.
In Notebook Mode, do your keyboard shortcuts work? (Fn+Del and Fn+Backspace)

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 10 Build 9926 running Serene Screen 3.2. A very taxing graphics application. Nice and smooth. Did not work well with Windows 8.1, and failed completely in previous Windows 10 builds, though the same video driver is being used.

rkz

For that black screen / brightness issue, try using Intel drivers from 3/7/2014. I'm using those, and have no problems.
Do your keyboard brightness keys work (Fn+Del and Fn+Backspace) ?

Maybe this is a silly question (and I apologize if it is) but how do you install those drivers when your tablet constantly reboots? I had the fortune of hack by a docking station (and the tip to use it) but if you don't have one than can you just boot into safe mode to install new drivers? - maybe this answer will help someone else?

Derekamoss

Maybe this is a silly question (and I apologize if it is) but how do you install those drivers when your tablet constantly reboots? I had the fortune of hack by a docking station (and the tip to use it) but if you don't have one than can you just boot into safe mode to install new drivers? - maybe this answer will help someone else?
yeah how? I still don't know how to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.