What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Parisi

166 installed ok, but now Office keeps prompting me to activate. It says it activated successfully, and then asks again. Went through it about 10 times, then clicked cancel. Everything seems to work ok.... Who knows.... I'll wait until the final RTM comes out and do a complete re-install.

MassDude

Does the mini-displayport on the dock work for your device with Windows 10? It doesn't for me, but does with Windows 8.1.

It does for me - 10166 installed. Using a mini display port to HDMI adapter plugged into the mini display port on the dock. It has worked on all builds of Windows 10 for me.

doctormeatusa

166 installed ok, but now Office keeps prompting me to activate. It says it activated successfully, and then asks again. Went through it about 10 times, then clicked cancel. Everything seems to work ok.... Who knows.... I'll wait until the final RTM comes out and do a complete re-install.
I did an offline repair on office and it fixed this issue for me.

cliffr39

on build 10166 my start menu will only stay open/visible for 3-4 seconds at a time. This is regardless of whether I am scrolling through the app list, etc. or idle.

That's strange. I just tried and mine stays open forever.

166 installed ok, but now Office keeps prompting me to activate. It says it activated successfully, and then asks again. Went through it about 10 times, then clicked cancel...

I had that problem on an older build.

Kris

Noticed last night that if I have a movie open, but paused, and turn the screen off; the screen turns back on. Using media player that comes with CCCP codex pack.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
No RTM today then, not really surprised, still early in the month and with its bugs. Was a bit surprised when the hippy KP of all people came into the office while i was reading this thread and he started talking my ear off about windows 10 and the ios and android app capability but wouldn't upgrade till it hit RTM. I hope i didn't get him overly optimistic. Got to love this place, stereotypes just don't work.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Happily using Build 10166.

Had a problem with OneNote - said it could not log me in, and I should try again later. Later never came.
So I went to onenote.com and signed in there, then quit the browser. Problem fixed.

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (74).png

wynand32

So weird thing, my system is now locking when it goes to sleep itself

I can't quite figure out what it's doing. I think if I leave mine alone, it will sleep when set to do so and sometimes it will lock. But if I put it to sleep manually (power button or closing the keyboard cover) it won't be locked when I wake it up, even hours later.

That remains the flakiest thing on my SP3 so far.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone experiencing a problem whereby if duplicating to a second display, full screen internet video playback via Edge/IE on many many sites (e.g bbc news) is utterly unplayable on the second display. Works just fine under chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.