What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. I just clicked in check updates and it is grabbing 10162. Yay. Hope it finishes before I go into work a long 12 hours this evening.

I think they're up to 5 million Insiders. I don't know how many of those or on the Fast ring, but if it's any significant percentage, then it's pretty amazing what they're accomplishing with a few million users hitting the update servers at the same time. They're not just testing the builds, they're also testing the rollout.

Which they need to do, since even with a staged rollout, getting to a billion Win10 users will represent one heck of a load on their infrastructure.

10162 will probably go to slow ring and you'll get iso's.

Wynand32, yeah, part of their test is load management. You don't want the perfect product and a 1mb pipeline where nobody can get it. :0

You need to upgrade to Wynand64. LOL

Nice to see folks getting it. I'm at work (using 159) and multi desktops for another 3 hours. I can't play so I'll enjoy the update through you all. :)

no update yet for me

159 has been pretty solid for me and after my refresh my WDA works again, looking forward to 162

I know it's not realistic but I wish they would release and ISO for the fast ring too, tired of being stuck at 0% or it saying its downloaded, installs then goes back to downloading

Why is it not realistic? Seems like it would be a trivial thing....

I manually created ISO from the 10159 ESD file from my Surface Pro 3 yesterday so I could install it on my Surface 3. I can't seem to get the system to pull 10162 on my Surface 3 now. Strange... :(

I just put two-and-two together on something... I've been getting Windows 10 notifications since 10158 about P2P updates. I wonder if Microsoft turning on P2P updating has been contributing to the update issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back