What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody getting any kind of use from Cortana? I got it hooked up to Office 365, tried asking for upcoming appointments... nothing. The only think I get get from her is a weather report. Anything else just gives a Bing search. She recognized the speech, just doesn't seem to do anything besides a weather report or bing search...

So finally just downloaded an ISO and upgraded using it, now Windows isn't activated. Tried using the key from my desktop, which is activated, and it still won't activate. Is this because I used a downloaded ISO?

Yes and no. If you use a downloaded ISO of 10159 and try and install on top of 8.1 it will ask for a product key, however if the iso is installed on top of a 10 TP build, it doesn't. Found this out last night on my S3. Currently installing 10047 on the S3 and then will upgrade to 10159 from there.

Anybody getting any kind of use from Cortana? I got it hooked up to Office 365, tried asking for upcoming appointments... nothing. The only think I get get from her is a weather report. Anything else just gives a Bing search. She recognized the speech, just doesn't seem to do anything besides a weather report or bing search...
Try playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock

I use Cortana for weather, notes, tracking flights, sports scores

Yes and no. If you use a downloaded ISO of 10159 and try and install on top of 8.1 it will ask for a product key, however if the iso is installed on top of a 10 TP build, it doesn't. Found this out last night on my S3. Currently installing 10047 on the S3 and then will upgrade to 10159 from there.
Used an official 10130 ISO to clean install, then an unofficial 10159 and no matter what key I entered it would not activate, it did not ask for one while I was installing. Reinstalling 10130 and guess I'm waiting for the update.

I would love to be on 10159 ... but it doesn't come up in Windows update. I heard that a lot of people (like me) that did a fresh install of 10130 instead of an upgrade had the same issue. I even went back to 8.1 and then did the upgrade to 10130 from Microsoft's site. Had a lot of updates which went fine but STILL no 10159 grrrrr.

I would love to be on 10159 ... but it doesn't come up in Windows update. I heard that a lot of people (like me) that did a fresh install of 10130 instead of an upgrade had the same issue. I even went back to 8.1 and then did the upgrade to 10130 from Microsoft's site. Had a lot of updates which went fine but STILL no 10159 grrrrr.
I'm hoping eventually it will come. I was also having some issue with the 10159, unofficial, install/update I did. So back to 10130 and hoping the 10159 update doesn't take too long.

I upgraded to 10130 on my SP3 last night from the MS website over 8.1 and I have yet to see the update for 10159 in Windows update.

Not difficult now for them. No major changes, just minor stuff and bug fixes. Really wouldn't surprise me to get a few more before the 29th. Each one should be better than the last. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back