What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

raqball

Awesome! Thanks!

So that setting now effects / changes the font size for newly received email? Before (in 8.1) all it did was effect / change the font size for email that I was sending..

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
If you would like the option to use the "Standard" (full) on-screen keyboard,. you must enable that option in (from the right 'Charms'):
Settings, Change PC Settings, PC and Devices, Typing, Touch Keyboard, Add the standard keyboard layout as a touch keyboard option

Last toggle on the attached picture.

Screenshot (7).png

Windows-8-tablet-full-keyboard.png

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
"Tap to Click" settings have apparently been overlooked. There is no way to turn off "Tap to Click" yet in Windows 10.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you running Windows 10 have you noticed any changes with your battery life?

Windows 10 battery life seems no better, no worse, than Windows 8.1, from what I can tell. Boot-up seems slightly faster. Shutdown definitely faster.

plop28

Ill switch back tomorrow. Some weird bug tonight with bluetooth apairing.

Some functions are missing at the moment for our surface.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, running on my production machine....

Its is the best way to build expertise on the product and provide feedback to the Product Team and Surface Team....

John2k14

With Windows 10, users may choose to use the Start Menu or the Start Screen.

How to Toggle Default Start Menu or Start Screen
1. Right-mouse click Search icon (magnifying glass in the Task Bar), and choose "Properties"
2. Click "Start Menu" tab
3. Choose "Use the Start Menu instead of the Start Screen"

You will find lots of tweakability there, in addition.

View attachment 3859

In my opinion if you have the keyboard attached, and you press the button or the start menu, it should be delivered to you windows traditional + metro extension.
But if you walk around just in "tablet mode" (keyboard detached) and you press the start, you should go to metro style.

In my opinion that would be more adaptive, then dropping a checkbox for you to choose.

Thoughts?

Lobo

I refrained from installing it due to the privacy policy, but I'm watching the development closely. Judging from videos and reviews, Microsoft seems to be hitting the nail right on the head this time around. This version would have been a great successor to Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.