What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone having problems with apps refusing to launch in 10074? Made the leap last week and installed Win 10 TP on my i3 SP3. Initially everything ran well, then all of a sudden apps like the word/excel preview won't launch anymore. TapaTalk would open to the home, but crash when I click on a forum. Device runs warm (sometimes hot) and battery seems to go down faster than with 8.1. Really regretting why I believed things would be ok. My surface pro was almost perfect before this. About to go back to 8.1 if I can't resolve all the issues with this build.

Doesn't sound too good. If you have the time and patience, definitely worth a re-download and re-install, refresh or whatever. There are a number of instances where there is a very specific but very problematic bug/issue, Mitchellvii, above, has had constant issues with fan noise. But these things seem very select in their victims and are largely not the norm under win 10. Most have found it, despite quirks and bugs, to be a very reliable operating system.

Wait a minute. Aren't test pilots supposed to get a sexy girlfriend and cool flight suit?

Leggy blonde and size 48L please. Thanks.

Cool has no measurement.

No that's fighter pilots. Test pilots get a short life expectancy.

Hence the benefits of the job :) Work hard play hard. That's the dream at least. The job title rather indicates something a little different. I think the more suitable phrase may irk some studio lawyers.

alissaknight

I have been noticing some issues when closing the lid up and transporting it between office and home. Sometimes I'll power her up and find it rebooted during the drive home.

Also, I get funky mouse issues when bringing her up from sleep as well.. just weird little quirks here and there that seem to be related to bringing her up from sleep.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just installed a firmware update for 27th of march, upon reset i am now downloading a firmware update dated today, as well as a new intel graphics driver.

mitchellvii

Just installed a firmware update for 27th of march, upon reset i am now downloading a firmware update dated today, as well as a new intel graphics driver.

I just got something which installed automatically when I restarted. No idea what it did.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
System Update

image.jpg

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

I got the Intel driver update, but was getting an error on the install of the firmware update:
System Firmware Update - ‎5/‎14/‎2015 - Error 0x8024004c

It took about 11 tries and several attempts with the Windows Update Troubleshooter to finally get it to install.

mitchellvii

My fan now plays the Star Spangled Banner when in full leaf-blower mode after the update. Considering MS is an international company, I find this somewhat jingoistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.