What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi having some issues installing Windows 10, tried it a bunch of times and at the end keeps reverting back to W8.1, See screenshot for error, did some digging and could be related to Avast, unistalled Avast but still no luck.
Anyone can give me some tips, thanks

windows%2010%20cannot%20intall%201.jpg

thanks, i've followed the exact steps to convert the ESD File to ISO, succeeded and tried to install it from the pc directly and from an USB key but no luck, error above keeps popping up. It gets until the last screen, i can even spot the build in the bottom right corner than the pc shuts down, tries to install some elements, doesn't succeed and it goes back to Win8.1...

I'll see if I can find the procedure I followed. I thought it came off the MS site. I know part of the procedure involved deleting all partitions and formatting the SSD before booting the ISO file, so I know there was no possibility of returning to Windows 8.1 if it failed to install.

dun dun dah. Am I going to lose my happiness over this forced update? Where is the guy with the beautiful wallpapers to ease our transition to this change :)

dun dun dah. Am I going to lose my happiness over this forced update? Where is the guy with the beautiful wallpapers to ease our transition to this change :)

Welp first question. Is there a way to re-install the metro tile based apps? Specifically Mail. They look to be dead after 10041 install.

Every time I shutdown, I get an error. I think it's the same type of error that was reported previously, something to do with memory access. Behind the error, there's a list of a bunch of system programs that appear to be waiting in line to shut down. Then it looks like it shuts down, but doesn't right away, and takes another 1-2 minutes before it actually shuts itself off.

Otherwise, this build seems super stable and I'm lovin' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back