What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest to provide feedback on your issue to Microsoft. But seeing that you think it is M$ company... I wish you good luck in getting your voice heard.

First of all, save your preaching for someone who cares what you think. I've been using M$ products since DOS 6.0 and if they don't want to listen to me because I don't suckle at their teet then they really do have a problem.

Decided to do a clean fresh install and the fan problem appears alleviated. Must have been a ghost in the machine from 8.1.

Last edited:
The Insider program provides a method to send feedback to MS. Like everything else in life, it is not perfect, but apparently feedback is listened to in some areas.

I cannot understand why people, here and on other forums, insist on the childish use of M$ when referring to MS.

Why do literally tens of thousands of users refer to MS as M$? You figure it out. Maybe a long history of not listening to users when designing products? Maybe Windows 8? Maybe Office 2013?

I'm pleased that M$ tells us they are really really REALLY listening THIS time, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Based upon what I've seen thus far, W10 is morphing into a 2015 refresh of W7 with a nod to the W8 Start Screen just so that multi-billion dollar investment doesn't seem like a complete waste. I don't really mind as I always liked W7. Were it up to me, they would jettison the whole Start Screen completely. Never been a fan of animated tiles and other resource wasters.

P.S., Never call users who disagree with you childish, unless of course you're looking for a flame war.

Last edited:
Mmmm perhaps because they consider Microsoft to be a money hungry / greedy company?

Like when people complain their Surface tablet won't Mirror to their Sony / Samsung UHD TV's even though I < can > get the Surface screen to Mirror to the tv but then the signal is cut off and Microsoft's answer -- instead of assigning people to work with Sony / Samsung and find out why it doesn't work -- is to tell you to buy their adapter.

It almost makes one think that Mirroring doesn't work ON PURPOSE in order to force people to buy adapters that need to do this.

And, in some ways, I would agree with that.

However, Microsoft used to charge for the Operating System and now they will be giving it away.

So a totally money hungry outfit would not do that.

Especially since over 90% of the Worlds computers run on Windows operating system. Why turn down the profits from selling the operating system like they always did?

It's almost like the Microsoft left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing.

I cannot understand why people, here and on other forums, insist on the childish use of M$ when referring to MS.

On my Surface Pro 2 rev 2 (I don't have the Pro 3, but same hardware), mirroring works on any monitor I tried it on (Dell, ASUS, Acer, HP). I don't use Microsoft own adapter. I just use Mini-DisplayPort cable to full size DisplayPort or single-link DVI. I avoid HDMI like the plague, as it is the majority of the time, problematic. HDMI biggest problem is the way it the monitor communicate with the graphics card simply sucks and completely unreliable. Good cable or not. You have play with settings on your system, always to get the image to appear correctly, and sometimes it forgets... anyway, huge problem. Let's say I have never experience any computer plugged to a monitor or TV via HDMI where you hadn't need to either: play with underscan setting, overscan setting, custom resolution, and monitor/TV timings.

Did you try Intel official website latest drivers for the graphics card? That is what I use.
Please keep in mind also that you are using Intel Integrated Graphics, not an Nvidia or AMD GPU. And that Intel, treats it as nothing more than a free graphics card solution, despite including it in the price of the CPU.

In Microsoft defense on why they ask you to use their adapter (which you can return for free), is that they are so many crappy/broken adapters and cable sold on the market.

Last edited:
You're using a cable.

THAT IS NOT MIRRORING.

Mirroring is a wireless application -- no cable needed.

And, your SP 2 may well even actually MIRROR to the units you mentioned.
The problem is for people who have Sony / Samsung UHD TV's.

On my Surface Pro 2 rev 2 (I don't have the Pro 3, but same hardware), mirroring works on any monitor I tried it on (Dell, ASUS, Acer, HP). I don't use Microsoft own adapter. I just use Mini-DisplayPort cable to full size DisplayPort or single-link DVI. I avoid HDMI like the plague, as it is the majority of the time, problematic. HDMI biggest problem is the way it the monitor communicate with the graphics card simply sucks and completely unreliable. Good cable or not. You have play with settings on your system, always to get the image to appear correctly, and sometimes it forgets... anyway, huge problem. Let's say I have never experience any computer plugged to a monitor or TV via HDMI where you hadn't need to either: play with underscan setting, overscan setting, custom resolution, and monitor/TV timings.

Did you try Intel official website latest drivers for the graphics card? That is what I use.
Please keep in mind also that you are using Intel Integrated Graphics, not an Nvidia or AMD GPU. And that Intel, treats it as nothing more than a free graphics card solution, despite including it in the price of the CPU.

In Microsoft defense on why they ask you to use their adapter (which you can return for free), is that they are so many crappy/broken adapters and cable sold on the market.

You're using a cable.

THAT IS NOT MIRRORING.

No "Mirroring" is the term used for Duplicating the primary screen to the secondary screen, just because Sony chose to use the that term for their Miracast Implementation doesn't change the correct meaning. I can mirror my screen wirelessly or through a cable....

Knock it off.
Let's talk about Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3.

Yeah!

. . .Decided to do a clean fresh install and the fan problem appears alleviated. Must have been a ghost in the machine from 8.1.

Can't just be a ghost from Win8.1 because I installed Win10 on a new partition and have has the leaf blower fan problem too. This has been from the first build. It seems nearly everything I've tired to fix it worked, but then the continuous high speed fan would return. Installing the Intel Graphic drivers quieted it for a while, but then it returned (which is why I know have left the MS graphic driver). I monitor temp with Core Temp, and the fans is even on when it's not that hot. Running on battery it stays cool and the fan stays off. But plugging in the charger turns the fan back on.

I can believe it involves some background process, because it will run high for a while, but eventually it goes to low or off.

I'm concerned having the fan run high for such long periods will lead to the fan breaking.
I hope it gets fixed in the upcoming build.:confused:

You're using a cable.

THAT IS NOT MIRRORING.

No. What you want is Miracast! HUGE difference.
Miracast is a protocol and might not be compatible with all devices.So actually, it is Sony faults for not being compatible, as the Surface Pro series works with other miracast devices.

Whose fault it is, is debateable.

But both Sony and Microsoft were notified of the problem in 2013 and NEITHER ONE of them has done one damn thing to fix it.

They just say ' buy an adapter ' when clearly one is NOT needed or the Surface screen would NEVER appear on the tv at all if an adapter was required.

But, I get chastised for ranting about this so I will shut up.

No. What you want is Miracast! HUGE difference.
Miracast is a protocol and might not be compatible with all devices.So actually, it is Sony faults for not being compatible, as the Surface Pro series works with other miracast devices.

Guys

Can anyone who has the new build 10036 confirm if Microsoft wireless display adapter works fine even when surface pro 3 bluetooth is switched on

Right now on 9926 if bluetooth is on Microsoft wireless adapter connects and immediately disconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back