What's new

Windows 10 1903 update being pushed out to Surface Pro 6's yet?

Turbo4AWD

Supposedly Microsoft has started pushing out the 1903 update, but I was wondering if anyone has it on their Surface Pro 6 yet or not. Windows update on my Pro 6 hasn't shown it yet.

barotropic

I've had it on my SP6 for a couple weeks, but only because I'm in the slowest Insider Ring (was once called Release Preview, but I think they've renamed it.)

It has worked flawlessly for me, and I'm enjoying the new features.

I did note that 1903 was pushed to my older Asus T300 (hybrid tablet device similar to SP6) yesterday, and it's not an Insider device. Its specs are much lower than those of the SP6, but 1903 seems to run just fine.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

I've had it on my SP6 for a couple weeks, but only because I'm in the slowest Insider Ring (was once called Release Preview, but I think they've renamed it.)

It has worked flawlessly for me, and I'm enjoying the new features.

I did note that 1903 was pushed to my older Asus T300 (hybrid tablet device similar to SP6) yesterday, and it's not an Insider device. Its specs are much lower than those of the SP6, but 1903 seems to run just fine.

Good to know. Now that its past the insider program, I hope they push it out to more Pro 6's soon!

wpcoe

I installed Win10 Pro 10 v.1903 a couple days ago by downloading the .ISO file and the update went smoothly. Just a few niggles now:

- Each time I boot into Windows, Comodo Firewall asks me to specify type of connection (Home, Work, Public). I suspect that a Comodo update will be needed to fix that.

- Can't get WiFi access within Windows Sandbox (see separate thread for that)

Other than those minor things, everything seems to work just fine on my SP6.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

I installed Win10 Pro 10 v.1903 a couple days ago by downloading the .ISO file and the update went smoothly. Just a few niggles now:

- Each time I boot into Windows, Comodo Firewall asks me to specify type of connection (Home, Work, Public). I suspect that a Comodo update will be needed to fix that.

- Can't get WiFi access within Windows Sandbox (see separate thread for that)

Other than those minor things, everything seems to work just fine on my SP6.

Interesting. I read somewhere that they are going to be releasing firmware updates for the Surface Pro 6 to handle the 1903 update. I am guessing these will show up in Windows update AFTER I update to 1903 or will Microsoft eventually release the firmware updates further down the road.

The firmware updates are for the GPU, Wifi, and other parts of the Surface Pro 6.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

Ok, so I successfully installed the update and as soon as I logged back in and opened up Settings, then clicked "check for updates" all of the firmware updates showed up and downloaded/installed. So far so good. I'm on Windows 10 Home though so I don't get the virtual environment thing that was announced, but at least everything feels a little faster than before. Definitely don't care for the "light theme".

Mastiff

I updated yesterday, and it fixed my problems with several minutes wait for the touch screen keyboard. Which is good. But the thing I really like is the slider for backlight. The old version, with clicking and going from 0-25-50-75-100 % was hopeless, because my wife complains when I'm reading my evening newspapers in bed if the light is more than 10 %. ;)

carolynab

Windows 10 since its initial version which was released way back in 2015. Microsoft was very aggressive with Telemetry data capture to a point that it was backported to Windows 8.x and Windows 7 the following year.