What's new

Why can you only have 5 PDFs open at once?

kristalsoldier

After one of the updates around the first of the year, I'm getting the prompt that I have too many open as well, but I'm able to open 12+ PDF files before I get the error...

Umm...I can do a max of 10 files and I get that error. I wonder why this has not been noticed by the developers. Or maybe it has and they will eventually fix it?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
No Jeff...not in my experience. Even if I have files of the max size of 5MB or less, but I have 10 or so of them open, I get that error.
The most I've had open on my SP3 has been 13, all were around 55-400KB in size, on my Dell DV8 Incan only get 5 open....

kristalsoldier

Possibly....it could also be done because the developer found a memory leak in the code and has hard coded "CAPS" as a stop-gap....

OK. Thanks. Yes, I see what you mean. I just hope the developer fixes it or at least establishes a openly acknowledged limit of sorts pending a final fix. Would make life a little easier.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK. Thanks. Yes, I see what you mean. I just hope the developer fixes it or at least establishes a openly acknowledged limit of sorts pending a final fix. Would make life a little easier.
When you hit the limit open Resource Monitor and note the memory committed, working set, etc. Correlate to PDF sizes... There's your ballpark answer, YMMV :)