What's new

USB C port not waking monitors on boot

aoiqo

hello

I have a Surface Laptop 4, which is connected to a SELORE docking station via the USB C port. Connected to the docking station I have the following:
1. Monitor connected to HDMI port
2. Monitor connected to DVI port (via HDMI to DVI adapter)
3. Wireless keyboard + mouse
4. Laptop charger

When I start the laptop and screens are on, I get the following error: "USB Device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it"

I have to unplug and re-plug the docking station to the laptops USB C port and the screens work fine. But this is a difficult task given location of all the equipment and very annoying.

When I restart the laptop or wake the laptop from sleep mode (not power off), the screens boot up fine with the laptop and display correctly.

It is only when I power down the laptop that I am seeing this issue.

I have another DELL laptop which I connect to the same docking station and this problem does not happen. The monitors fire up when the laptop starts. The DELL laptop is a latitude 7430 (if that helps).

Things I have tried:
1. Performed windows update (running Windows 11).
2. Performed surface laptop driver update (surface laptop app and website says I am fully up to date)
3. Installed latest monitor drivers (they are AOC monitors)
4. Tried leaving monitors on and starting laptop, same thing happens
5. Tried turning laptop on, waiting for it to completely boot then turning screens on, same thing happens
6. Contacted docking station supplier, they advise its a laptop issue since the docking station works fine with the DELL laptop

Can anyone help?

Back