What's new

those of you who had the SP3 for over 6 months

kundas1

now that the screen size has grown on you and you have gotten used to it, do you find the screen small now? like just the other day I was sitting in front of my computer and looked over at my SP3 and felt like my screen has shrunk! LOL anyone else think/feel like this?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I was in front of my 15 inch MacBook Pro Retina today, and felt like it was too big. And tomorrow I go into my office to sit amongst an array of 17 inch screens mapping the Earth.

When I get home every day, or stop for coffee on the way, my Surface Pro 3 feels right, reliable, and responsive enough for my reading, and my work.

nipponham

I wouldn't say it feels like it's shrunk, but I still prefer working on my 24-inch desktop monitor when I need to multitask by having several windows open. But if I'm concentrating on one or two programs at a time, I've never felt SP3's screen size to be small. It's really an optimal size to consume content, whether you're reading articles in a cafe, or watching a video before you go to bed. Not too big, not too small.

kristalsoldier

I prefer to work on the SP3. However, when I am working with multiple documents, I do miss a larger screen and/ or multiple screens. This becomes a problem especially when I am traveling, which is why I use my iPad Air as a secondary screen though it is not an optimal solution. But effectively, when working on single documents or when on the internet, the SP3 is perfect for me.

malberttoo

I think the screen size is perfect for the device. When I'm in the office, I'm in front of 2, 27" monitors. But I guess I'm just used to both my workstation and my SP3 now. I hope Microsoft keeps the screen size and the 3:2 ratio for a good long while.

malberttoo

I prefer to work on the SP3. However, when I am working with multiple documents, I do miss a larger screen and/ or multiple screens. This becomes a problem especially when I am traveling, which is why I use my iPad Air as a secondary screen though it is not an optimal solution. But effectively, when working on single documents or when on the internet, the SP3 is perfect for me.

I agree with this partly as well. There are just some things that, if I'm not in an urgent hurry, I do save for when I'm on my workstation and have the extra screen real estate.

Wouldn't say it feels too small - after using other displays, including an old 10.6 inch RT and my 27 inch in my office, if anything, the SP3 display felt a bit too vertical, if that makes sense. It already has the 3:2, and it kinda feels like it needs to be a bit wider to have the best of both worlds. Wouldn't be surprised if the rumors of a 14' and 8' SP4 comes to fruition, especially if the form factor for a larger Surface stays the same, or similar, meaning the already slim bezels would be almost nonexistent.