What's new

Surface Pro Windows 10 Battery Drain

But the driver wont show in the software listing

Do you see the same thing I'm seeing, in your Device Manager?

DevMan.JPG
 
Ok in the device manager it was possible to uninstall the HDAUDIO driver.

I now put the sp1 in standby and I will test how the battery drains.


Edit: Now I see your screenshot.

Yes I have the same inputs
 
Last edited:
Still not working.

Drains about 30% in 3 hours
 
I have run windows updates with latest firmware. I dont use the Type cover, I have a Bluetooth keyboard :(
OK...that narrows that down....Bluetooth is on an USB connection....

Does your Bluetooth Keyboard have a standby feature?
 
OK...that narrows that down....Bluetooth is on an USB connection....

Does your Bluetooth Keyboard have a standby feature?
But my keyboard hasn't turned on for a week :( I have just installed Windows 10 and nothing was attached
 
But my keyboard hasn't turned on for a week :( I have just installed Windows 10 and nothing was attached
Something on the USB is keeping it awake.... in device manager are there any unknown devices?
 
Something on the USB is keeping it awake.... in device manager are there any unknown devices?
The aren't any unknow devices :( I dont know what Microsoft has done with their OS on their Devices
 
While this is not pertaining to the SP3, I find that when I use the Surface 3 as a pure tablet...no desktop mode and no KB, the battery life on the S3 take a hit, which was not like what it was in 8.1.
 
Back
Top