What's new

Surface Pro 3 on WIndows 10 - Display Driver Issue

Joe Ferrazzo

It does, if you are unable to install there are deeper issues on your system. Updating the driver manually from the Device Manager and telling the system that you have the disk and point to the correct INF it works as expected...
I would love your assistance as I want my external monitors to work. The .inf file I choose, in the Graphics folder is igdlh64.inf (it's the only one there). I'm very open to trying other things to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe Ferrazzo

upload_2015-7-31_9-2-41.png

Joe Ferrazzo

Unfortunately I get the same error that I posted above. I completely uninstalled and had it delete the driver from the disk too. I was hopeful, but no go.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What happens if from device manager you have Windows search for the driver? Worse case scenario may be a complete reset for your machine.

Joe Ferrazzo

I removed the current device driver completely and rebooted again. Upon rebooting it puts the original drive back in automatically (it must do this because when I search online, it says the most current driver is already installed).

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I removed the current device driver completely and rebooted again. Upon rebooting it puts the original drive back in automatically (it must do this because when I search online, it says the most current driver is already installed).
Hmmm....not sure why its blocking on the HD5000, on my HD4400 it installed without any problems. Are you using any USB Docks (that uses DisplayLink Drivers)?