What's new

Surface pro 3 not finding my router

Ally84

Hello. I just bought my SP3 from USA and I live in Sweden. I just unbowed it yesterday and its a really nice product. I got the I5 256 gb version. When I was trying to connect to my WiFi it can not find the ssid... My laptop and phone and guest laptops can use find my WiFi and has never been a issue.
I connected my sp3 to Ethernet via the router with a USB adapter and then did all the latest firmware updates with windows update. I still can not find my router on the WiFi list. I can however see all the neighbours WiFi ssid's but not mine. My router is a Zyxel NGB 416N. Can anyone help me?

No, its not... All my other devices work, smartphones and laptops. Even my friends can find it in their phones. Its only on my sp3 I can not find it....
Go to Device Manager and Uninstall and reinstall the Network drivers.

You can also in device Manager, pick update the driver, Manual update. Your will presented with a list of Drivers.
Pick the one I'm showing in my screen shot.
Capture.JPG

Which channel is your router using? Sometimes channels 12 and 13 can cause problems with american devices. Try to use another channel.

Oh Yessss..... Problem solved! I was running Channel 13 and changed the channel on my router to channel 2.

Thanks a lot :)

Back