What's new

Sad Reality of Apple's Users

lennywc

It's not about what they like, it's about how many devices they carry! I do not buy a Surface because I like it but because it does all I need. That's the problem with Apple fans, they use those devices because they are cool. No because they are useful to them.
I have a windows laptop and an iPad 1 an iPad 2 an iPad 3 and an iPad mini 2 and a surface pro 3. My windows laptop no longer functions fully the sd reader port won't read sd cards. The surface pro 3 I just bought 8 days ago was acting a bit unstable freezing

lennywc

It's not about what they like, it's about how many devices they carry! I do not buy a Surface because I like it but because it does all I need. That's the problem with Apple fans, they use those devices because they are cool. No because they are useful to them.
The post reply button should not be under the text field . I hit it with my finger in the middle of a long post and lost it all . Really bad design for touch screens.
Any way I own an iPad 1 , an iPad 2 an iPad 3 and an iPad mini 2 . All are still functioning like they did on the day I bought them . I also own a windows laptop , no longer working. I just bought, 8 days ago, a surface pro 3 64 gb pre installed windows 10. It started freezing and got very laggy so I did a factory reset , 10 hours later it was still sitting at 1 percent done. It never came back. Now it is just displaying the SURFACE name at boot up and flashes then goes black then repeats the surface name again ad infinitum. Basically it is bricked.
This might explain why people hang onto their apple machines . They last . I really wanted this to work out . What can I do to bring my surface back from the dead. I have no way of downloading files to a thumb drive I really am a casual user . Should I just take it back to bestbuy?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a windows laptop and an iPad 1 an iPad 2 an iPad 3 and an iPad mini 2 and a surface pro 3. My windows laptop no longer functions fully the sd reader port won't read sd cards. The surface pro 3 I just bought 8 days ago was acting a bit unstable freezing

How does a surface that need a a reinstall equate to it not lasting?

If people bought Apple devices because they last, why do you have 4, surely you'd still be on that iPad 1, because it lasts.

You are one person. I'm sure I could fine one person who still has a surface Dr going just fine and who had an issue with an iPad. My iPad locked up and bricked itself the very first time it was powered on. Doesn't mean diddly squat

lennywc

I have 4 because I was up grading to the latest offered. All my iPads still work fine. Sorry about that . I guess that upsets you. Why are you so angry at me? It does mean diddly squat to me. I laid out 1000 for what became a brick in 8 days . Sorry if this bothers you . Dont be so insecure. I am not attacking you or Microsoft . I have a bricked device and need answers. I won't address you again . Peace brother.

I can't take his posts too seriously to be honest. One moment he is say I g it is for work, then he is saying he has no phone, and then he is saying his business uses iPhones. Sounds to me like FUD with no other agenda than trying to create dontrovesy. I questioned this discrepancy and am not surprised that there has been no reply.

And he also said that if he were to carry a phone that would be an extra bill. Yet if he simply tethered then it would still be one bill no different to if he just had a tablet plan.

I call shenanigans.

So what you are saying is that because he has a different set of requirements to you, that makes him wrong?

Is that the same as someone who is content with the iPad when you need a SP3.

I'd personally take a SIM card in my device any day over tethering. Tethering is an annoyance. I don't like carrying a USB device because it uses a port and I don't like wifi devices because they constantly need to be charged. I don't like using my phone because I constantly have to go into meeting rooms for calls which disconnects me. It wastes battery or again, uses a port. If I plug it into the USB port on the power supply, I sometimes have to leave my phone under the desk because MS made the power cable about 30cm from the plug point. Am I wrong? No doubt if the SP4 comes out with it people will be saying how awesome it is.

Every time someone disagrees with the posters here or is remotely unhappy, thinks the device could be better, suddenly they have a hidden agenda.

Most non-geeks come to a forum like this when they are unhappy or need to solve a problem and when they bother to contribute to a post like this, pulling them down isn't actually like to result in them coming back. All it does is prove that the people here are every bit as intolerant as the Apple fans they complain about.

jrioux

I have 4 because I was up grading to the latest offered. All my iPads still work fine. Sorry about that . I guess that upsets you. Why are you so angry at me? It does mean diddly squat to me. I laid out 1000 for what became a brick in 8 days . Sorry if this bothers you . Dont be so insecure. I am not attacking you or Microsoft . I have a bricked device and need answers. I won't address you again . Peace brother.
A normal person would take a defective product back to the store for an exchange or refund. Even the worst retailers give you 15 days to return bad tech.

kundas1

@MissionMan wait what? so many holes in your post... first off how can it be an annoyance to press 1 button on your phone to tether to your SP3? secondly why would you wanna pay 2 lte data? unless your the guy who likes to throw away your money? thirdly what usb device are you referring to that you need to tether a phone? if you talking about random peripheral devices, then that doesn't apply to what we are discussing... fourthly you don't like connecting stuff via USB, nor do you like connecting wirelessly, then why do you have any gadgets (or a SP3) for that matter? seems like you need to stick with an abacus or something less complicated... and no one here has any problems helping people with problems, what we have problems with is people telling us they don't like this or that for silly stupid reasons and then say apple is better because (insert reason here) or say what a pain it is to tether a phone to the SP3 which takes 1 button press and less than 30 seconds to connect and be online... that's what bothers us... its pretty obvious you have problems connecting stuff via USB and wirelessly for reasons you've stated uptop and I find those reasons ludicrous... but that's just ME so why do you even have a SP3 in the first place? because as I remember you still have to connect EVERYTHING to the ipad via BT anyways. lastly why blame MS for plugging your phone into the usb power supply to charge your phone? maybe its the fault of your phone for making the power cable so short no? but ya know what? every company I find never makes the power cable long enough but that's MS's fault...right? lol

kundas1

lenny no offence but you sound like isheeple... and yes you did attack MS and all of us indirectly because we are happy with our SP3 and then you have to bring in all your ipads and iphones and say how marvelously they work but your WINDOWS laptop isn't working and now your SP3 which you've only had for 8 days isn't working... sorry it isn't MS's fault that your laptop isn't working, its the manufacturer of the laptop that is at fault.. also how long have you had the laptop? things break after so many years of using it even (gasp) Apple stuff! as for your SP3 just bring it back and get a replacement and it should work as intended, as others on this forum have PERFECTLY working SP3's.... ;)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
based on the portrayed definition of a brick on this thread, my iPad air 2 was a brick before I'd even managed to get past initial setup. And now you're saying that you can only download certain file types on an iPad.

By this threads arguments, it's ipads which aren't ready for prime time :D

You all sound like those crying Samsung folk and their lack of sd card. No one cares because it an utterly worthless market to the manufacturer because niche doesn't even begin to describe it. I'll take a tablet that actually lets you do things but requires tethering g to the phone you already have, than buy a completely overpriced tablet that can do next to nothing and requires yet another carrier contract. Each to their own but I'm not the kind who happily throws money down the drain.

My car ran out of petrol, is that a brick as well now?

@MissionMan wait what? so many holes in your post... first off how can it be an annoyance to press 1 button on your phone to tether to your SP3? secondly why would you wanna pay 2 lte data? unless your the guy who likes to throw away your money? thirdly what usb device are you referring to that you need to tether a phone? if you talking about random peripheral devices, then that doesn't apply to what we are discussing... fourthly you don't like connecting stuff via USB, nor do you like connecting wirelessly, then why do you have any gadgets (or a SP3) for that matter? seems like you need to stick with an abacus or something less complicated... and no one here has any problems helping people with problems, what we have problems with is people telling us they don't like this or that for silly stupid reasons and then say apple is better because (insert reason here) or say what a pain it is to tether a phone to the SP3 which takes 1 button press and less than 30 seconds to connect and be online... that's what bothers us... its pretty obvious you have problems connecting stuff via USB and wirelessly for reasons you've stated uptop and I find those reasons ludicrous... but that's just ME so why do you even have a SP3 in the first place? because as I remember you still have to connect EVERYTHING to the ipad via BT anyways. lastly why blame MS for plugging your phone into the usb power supply to charge your phone? maybe its the fault of your phone for making the power cable so short no? but ya know what? every company I find never makes the power cable long enough but that's MS's fault...right? lol

I was going to reply to this because there are so many hypocritical items in this but I honestly can't be bothered. Right now, with the excuses you keep making for lack of functionality you sound like iSheeple. Go back to your Microsoft Gods and ask them to add a mobile data option the next time you pray to them.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to reply to this because there are so many hypocritical items in this but I honestly can't be bothered. Right now, with the excuses you keep making for lack of functionality you sound like iSheeple. Go back to your Microsoft Gods and ask them to add a mobile data option the next time you pray to them.
Unless the design team changes their decision they won't put 4G on a Pro Model only on Surface line (i.e. the Surface 3).

leeshor

If this thread goes sideways it will get closed. It's veering off course with personal comments.