What's new

Problem updating Apps

kristalsoldier

Hi all...

Are you folks facing any issues when updating apps in the Store? I have 4 apps that need updating but they are turning up errors. I have tried using the Troubleshooter, which has identified the error as "windows store cache may be damaged" (Code: 0x80073CF9).

I tried the various ways that have been suggested on the MS site but to no avail. I have also reported it via the Feedback app.

Can you folks confirm if you have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all...

Are you folks facing any issues when updating apps in the Store? I have 4 apps that need updating but they are turning up errors. I have tried using the Troubleshooter, which has identified the error as "windows store cache may be damaged" (Code: 0x80073CF9).

I tried the various ways that have been suggested on the MS site but to no avail. I have also reported it via the Feedback app.

Can you folks confirm if you have this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Kristal,

Can you uninstall the apps and then try to clear/repair the cache and reinstall?

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Its the Mail and the Movies app. Can I uninstall the Mail app too? I thought it was a systems app. But let me try and report back. Thanks.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Hey thanks! I will bookmark these. But today I found that both the apps updated themselves one after another. Took a bit of time, but now it looks ok. In the meantime, I had reset the Mail app but that had not helped.

I should also mention that the issue appears to have resolved itself after the most recent CU (KB4040724). In the interim, other apps seemed to have updated themselves just fine and I deleted some apps and downloaded a few new ones - all fine)

Otherwise the SP4 is running just great though I do think there is a gentle degradation of the battery.

Looking forward to Oct. 31!

Trust all is fine!
Cheers!