What's new

App to read this forum is now in the store!

OP
W

wilbur4321

Looks great- I can't see where to make the search feature to work (charm search brings up no result). Also, posting without quoting would be a good option

Sent from Boards for Windows on Windows 8

Search isn't implemented yet, sorry.

You can post without quoting, but it is a little less than obvious. Swipe up from the bottom while in a post, and use that option to reply -- it won't quote. When snapped, that's the only option. All -- would have a second tap on reply be good (press reply button, the choose reply or reply+quote) ?

Thanks,
--randy

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

tonyz3

Dislike, as in to undo a like? I don't see on option on the site to dislike a post at all (through the web site).

Thanks,
--randy

. Sorry it was a jab from a previous poster. The forum could use a dislike button right next to the like button.

revbilly

Folks,

I have made an app to read this forum, and it is now in the store: SurfaceForums.net app for Windows in the Windows Store

Please try it, use it, and let me know your feedback. It is most of the way to be a generic tapatalk forum reader, so your input will be very valuable in shaping that, which I hope to have released in the next one or two months.

Thanks!
--randy

I really like your app. Thanks.

Sin

Folks,

I have made an app to read this forum, and it is now in the store: SurfaceForums.net app for Windows in the Windows Store

Please try it, use it, and let me know your feedback. It is most of the way to be a generic tapatalk forum reader, so your input will be very valuable in shaping that, which I hope to have released in the next one or two months.

Thanks!
--randy

Thanks for the nice app. Looks very nice so far!

spectre51

Was this built using the Build Your Own program through Tapatalk? Just curious.

kristalsoldier

Folks,

Thanks!
--randy

Very nice. Thanks. Just one suggestion. Do you think it is possible to move the advert to some other location...like say at the very top of the page? Its current location at the very bottom to the page makes it somewhat cramped when reading and/or responding to posts. Again, thanks.

OP
W

wilbur4321

Very nice. Thanks. Just one suggestion. Do you think it is possible to move the advert to some other location...like say at the very top of the page? Its current location at the very bottom to the page makes it somewhat cramped when reading and/or responding to posts. Again, thanks.

Hmm. I am working on updating the advertising anyways, so I will look at that. I'm concerned that it would obscure that message title or forum path too much in that section. Are you seeing advertising on any of the response (or new post) pages -- that *definitely* should not be present, for the very reason you bring up.

Speaking of advertising, do you consistently see it? I've been concerned about low fill rates and whether it's worth it or not.

Thanks!
--randy