What's new

Not an artist - will I ever use the pen?

MMU

I use a pen all the time on my SP1 because I rarely have the keyboard attached (or even w/me) and it comes in really handy for all the legacy programs that are not designed for touch. I don't use it much if at all for drawing/note taking because the nibs/screen is too slick to feel natural but I expect that to change when my new SP4 arrives.

vsherry

I use it only occasionally, but it's an excellent option. It's wonderful for signing documents and just emailing them back.

I've been using OneNote with a pen since 2004 and I love being able to quickly search through all my notes. It is the whole reason I started using Tablet PCs back then. Now that I can also sync those notebooks with my work laptop, phone and iPad through OneDrive making those notes available and searchable from wherever I am.

WildKarrde

I couldn't survive without my pen anymore. I occasionally draw with it, but I mostly use it for everything from taking notes (lots and lots of notes) excel, web browsing, signing pdf documents... anything you could think of. I'd never own another mobile computer without a digitizer.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@kensmo
The would probably come in handy, regardless of your art skills ...

TryThePen.jpg

I'm the director of a men's addiction-recovery facility, and meet frequently with clients and with other staff members. The pen is very handy for taking notes during these meetings. Also you'd be surprised how often I have to jot down some numbers for calculation real quick, and I use the pen and Onenote for it. Also, other facilities and probation officers frequently need me to sign something, so I scan the document as a PDF, and use the DRAWBOARD app to sign the document with my pen.