What's new

Microsoft store employees on commission?

Jordi32

Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
49
Points
6
I am considering returning my i7 Surface pro 3 tomorrow to the Microsoft store because I have had several issues with this computer after having gotten two exchanges before this one. I am afraid that if I keep this computer after my 30 day trial I will be stuck with these issues.

I would like to know if by returning it the Microsoft store employee will lose his commission. I feel bad about this.

Does anyone know if they are paid commission, and if so, do they lose it when a computer is returned for a refund?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Best regards,

Jordi
 
Either way its not something you should be concerned with.
 
All MS Store employees are hourly, the store has Sales Goals but no commission...
 
Commission or no commission, I dont get the issue? Why not just give him a 20 dollar bill while you're there as well.
 
what issues are you having? maybe someone here can help you instead of returning it?
 
Even if they were on commission, you're just returning it to get a replacement so not a problem.
 
Bluegrass, if I return it this time it is going to be for a refund. This is already my third unit...
 
Msolok, I am not sure if the problems are software or hardware related. Please do a search on my name and you'll find all my posts. Thank you.
 
Msolok, I am not sure if the problems are software or hardware related. Please do a search on my name and you'll find all my posts. Thank you.

Had a quick look over your past threads, sounds like a software issue, not hardware. Sounds to me like you have a rouge bit of software running in the background that is consuming a lot of your resources.
First thing to do is to check your task manager and find any apps consuming a lot of resources. If you see one kill it, and then determine if you know what it is and can remove it.
Ohh and run a virus and malware scanner. A virus is a very real possibility with your symptoms.

If you can't identify anything then I suggest doing a refresh. You will have reset up your surface and install everything gain, but it will get your Windows back in working order.
 
Last edited:
Had a quick look over your past threads, sounds like a software issue, not hardware. Sounds to me like you have a rouge bit of software running in the background that is consuming a lot of your resources.
First thing to do is to check your task manager and find any apps consuming a lot of resources. If you see one kill it, and then determine if you know what it is and can remove it.
Ohh and run a virus and malware scanner. A virus is a very real possibility with your symptoms.

If you can't identify anything then I suggest doing a refresh. You will have reset up your surface and install everything gain, but it will get your Windows back in working order.
I'd agree there, if you haven't done a Refresh it would be worth a shot.
 
Back
Top