What's new

Microsoft store employees on commission?

Jordi32

I am considering returning my i7 Surface pro 3 tomorrow to the Microsoft store because I have had several issues with this computer after having gotten two exchanges before this one. I am afraid that if I keep this computer after my 30 day trial I will be stuck with these issues.

I would like to know if by returning it the Microsoft store employee will lose his commission. I feel bad about this.

Does anyone know if they are paid commission, and if so, do they lose it when a computer is returned for a refund?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Best regards,

Jordi

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Commission or no commission, I dont get the issue? Why not just give him a 20 dollar bill while you're there as well.

OP
J

Jordi32

Msolok, I am not sure if the problems are software or hardware related. Please do a search on my name and you'll find all my posts. Thank you.

msolok

Msolok, I am not sure if the problems are software or hardware related. Please do a search on my name and you'll find all my posts. Thank you.

Had a quick look over your past threads, sounds like a software issue, not hardware. Sounds to me like you have a rouge bit of software running in the background that is consuming a lot of your resources.
First thing to do is to check your task manager and find any apps consuming a lot of resources. If you see one kill it, and then determine if you know what it is and can remove it.
Ohh and run a virus and malware scanner. A virus is a very real possibility with your symptoms.

If you can't identify anything then I suggest doing a refresh. You will have reset up your surface and install everything gain, but it will get your Windows back in working order.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a quick look over your past threads, sounds like a software issue, not hardware. Sounds to me like you have a rouge bit of software running in the background that is consuming a lot of your resources.
First thing to do is to check your task manager and find any apps consuming a lot of resources. If you see one kill it, and then determine if you know what it is and can remove it.
Ohh and run a virus and malware scanner. A virus is a very real possibility with your symptoms.

If you can't identify anything then I suggest doing a refresh. You will have reset up your surface and install everything gain, but it will get your Windows back in working order.
I'd agree there, if you haven't done a Refresh it would be worth a shot.