What's new

Lots of new updates in the 1/19/16 update

After countless 'restart and update' notifications, I installed the update but I'm still having random lock-up's. Rather than swear and curse about it, I just press the start button to perform a hard reboot. Problem solved (until the next lock-up!).

Turbo4AWD

I've noticed that my lockups happen mostly when the battery is lower than 18%. Otherwise I never lock up unless I'm trying to perform tasks on my Surface that a Surface Pro should be performing

plgmorris

i keep having the same problem with the black screen. usually happens when im using IE. dont know about anything else yet, just started using chrome. incase you want to know, im using win8.1

plgmorris

One thing that seems to be working for me at the moment (1hr in) is go to device manager and uninstall the Intel HD Graphics drivers and ensure they are deleted, yes delete them. And then restart tablet, windows will reinstall drivers.

One problem with just uninstalling without deleting is that when windows reinstalls them, it will use the same files as before, you want new driver files. Hope that made sense.

Turbo4AWD

I have to see what you all are experiencing. I'm going to use my Surface 3 full time to witness these strange issues because I never have, but I have been using my Surface 3 like an iPad. Not like my main PC. I'll report back with what I find....

Turbo4AWD

Its Tuesday and no lockups or blank screens. I did have an issue Sunday night where Edge wouldn't close a tab and that tab was flickering like crazy but it eventually closed and the tablet never slowed down. If I switched to another application it happened instantly despite the flickering Edge tab.

I am running in Tablet mode. For me that's the best way to use my Surface 3.

Tonight i'll probably tryout watching a movie on Prime to see if it causes issues or not. So far so good.