What's new

Logitech K810 keyboard and 9/9/14 firmware update

OP
Kif

Kif

Hey Kif

Just thought id add that this might not be specific to Bluetooth, or your keyboard etc. I had the type cover attached about an hour ago, and simply alt f4'd a program, the machine went nuts. You know when you alt f4 and it sometimes just throws up the shot down, hibernate popup box, well mine just freaked out and was opening and closing it at a million billion instances a second. Couldn't close it, just sat there flickering as it opened and closed the pop up non stop. Seems something is up with the most recent update.

Strange, I'll try to replicate it.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive my fingers crossed I can't replicate it. Love the thing too much for any more issues, I've enough of those as it is.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perfect for me, I love finding and fixing issues.

Well mine had a bit of spas out today as well. No keyboard attached this time. No apparent reason why it started, but had MUI IE open, dragged up to open URL bar, fine, clicked in URL bar, cursor starts blinking, fine, keyboard pops up, fine, first letter I type, taskbar pops up, vanishes, side panel opens up and the letter pressed is then in the search bar, not the IE URL bar. Closed app, did this, did that. Nothing I did would allow me to type into the URL bar, just kept having a hissy fit. Restarted the device, problem vanished.

One other thing, that seems more of a system issue, than update issue, is searching. The only place I've so far seen it is in the desktop control panel. If I goto the search box while using the on screen keyboard, after the first letter is typed, such as B for Bluetooth, the focus is instantly removed from the search bar, only searching for B, and I then have to reselect the search bar to actually type the whole word. The second search works exactly as it should, but never the first. As I say, I don't know if this is a general issue or specific to an update.

Reid

My K810 seems to work okay with my Surface using the Setpoint software, however the Caps lock key totally screws things up and results in the connection issues others have mentioned. Just for kicks I tried hitting the Caps locks on the type cover with Bluetooth keyboard connected and this also gave the K810 fits.

cemian

speaking of 9/9 firmware update....it was installed again today automatically!! why?? anyone else get it as well?

wditters

Nope, but that sometimes seems to happen when one for instance does an individual update of the graphics or sata drivers. As a bonus, Microsoft then wants you to revert back to their older drivers. Since I willingly and purposely update my SP3 to those retail drivers, I usually end up hiding the offered firmware update until I know for a fact that it's a newer release. I then install the firmware package and go back to updating the individual drivers back to their retail release afterwards.

Having said that, most of my drivers are newer than the September firmware release and I have not seen it return as an update yet so I guess with what I stated above, your mileage may still vary ... :)

Reid

I didn't notice any new firmware updates coming through since 09/09 on my end. After using the keyboard for a day, I'm lucky I haven't experienced any of the connection issues others are dealing with. Just this weird capslock problem, which isn't a huge deal until I accidently hit it and I'm forced to fiddle with the thing until I can get capslock turned off and everything connected again.

Is it safe to buy this keyboard yet, or are you guys still having issues with the surface update? My fiancee wants this keyboard, but I don't want to buy it if its still got unresolved issues.

Reid

It sounds like you're mileage may vary, but honestly I might hold off. I don't really have any connection issues but god forbid I hit the caps lock key. It's a great keyboard but it still has a few small quirks, hopefully it will be resolved soon...

Enrico D.

keyboard is ok to me now, without setpoint at least I'm not having so many issue, very rarely, since 2/3 days is the mouse now to give irresponsiveness it go crazy while I play youtube or vimeo videos start to get issues. ........... so something happened again in windows about it I think.