What's new

Is 8.1 much better for Surface 3 (Atom)?

Hello tallsurfaceuser .But do you have 8.1 image i have wanting to test this out my self.
I downloaded 8.1 from the Microsoft website I believe. I did not use the automatic downgrade that MS allows for 30 days or whatever after upgrading.

Once again, I could not be happier with my device now. As well as very snappy performance, things like adjusting screen brightness is much more intuitive and precise. I can't stand how in Windows 10 you have to choose from four choices by pressing that icon or dig through the Control Panel to access the slider controller. In 8.1 you can easily access the slider controller from the "jewel bar" or whatever they call it.

molki

Hi all, I have to revise my complaint from my previous post,

I found out that during the update the "Windows Help" was activated again and this caused my trouble, for me now the windows 10 is working pretty well again.

have a nice day

Molki

ha

Professional reviewer reaches the same conclusion I did:

One thing really surprised me: Windows 8.1 is a far more natural fit for the Surface's kind of hybrid than Windows 10. The SP4 is Windows 10 only, so I’m basing this judgement from using the SP3 with Windows 8.1, and the SP4 with Win10. If you'd suggested at the start of the year that anyone would be wishing that Windows 8.x ran on their PC, I'd have thought them a bit odd.

[FONT=Arial, FreeSans, Helvetica, sans-serif]Surface Pro 4: Will you go the F**K to SLEEP?[/FONT]