What's new

Solved Inking in PowerPoint

tonypitt

I have always used my SP to ink on slides during PowerPoint presentations. I do this while teaching my university classes.

Today while setting up a presentation and checking my equipment I noticed that if I wrote on one slide and then moved to the next, the inking persisted. Previously if I wrote on slide 2 and then moved to slide 3, the ink stayed on slide 2 and slide 3 was blank.

I can manually erase the inking, but this means when I am finished that the ink on all but the last slide will be gone.

I haven't manually changed any settings, but since the last time I did this I have updated PowerPoint a few times.

Can anyone tell me how to return to the desired behavior?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, @tonypitt

I gave this a go to see if I could re-create this issue and help. Yes, my PowerPoint behavior has changed also. I have the same issue as you.

Let's start chasing this down.
I am an using Office 365 Version 1707 Build 8326.2087 (Click to Run).

This incorrect behavior also occurs with Version 1707 Build 8326.2096 (Click to Run).

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have always used my SP to ink on slides during PowerPoint presentations. I do this while teaching my university classes.

Today while setting up a presentation and checking my equipment I noticed that if I wrote on one slide and then moved to the next, the inking persisted. Previously if I wrote on slide 2 and then moved to slide 3, the ink stayed on slide 2 and slide 3 was blank.

I can manually erase the inking, but this means when I am finished that the ink on all but the last slide will be gone.

I haven't manually changed any settings, but since the last time I did this I have updated PowerPoint a few times.

Can anyone tell me how to return to the desired behavior?

Hello, @tonypitt

I gave this a go to see if I could re-create this issue and help. Yes, my PowerPoint behavior has changed also. I have the same issue as you.

Let's start chasing this down.
I am an using Office 365 Version 1707 Build 8326.2087 (Click to Run).

This incorrect behavior also occurs with Version 1707 Build 8326.2096 (Click to Run).

Are you using with or without Presenter View? It works as expected for me in Presenter View and without using it on O365 Version 1709 Build 8518.1000 but I'm running Insider Fast on Office and Windows.

BillJ

Hmmm,
I am not seeing this on the present consumer versions of Win10 and Office 365 home. Inking works as expected whether I signify "presenter view" or not...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@tonypitt ,

Installed the latest Windows 10 Insider Build 16281 (Fast Ring), and the problem was immediately solved. All modes of PowerPoint work as expected. I can ink in all view modes and the inking remains on the specific slides I marked up.

Office 365 Version 1707 Build 8326.2096 64-bit English.

OP
T

tonypitt

I am having Office download updates now to see if it solves the problem. Before running the update I was running Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Version 1707 (Build 8326.2076 Click-to-Run)

After the update: am running 8326.2096 and the problem seems to be solved.

Thanks everyone!