What's new

I'M DONE with my Surface Pro 2 and Microsoft

cali

I am also sorry to read of your problems with the Surface and understand your frustration. I hope that you can get a device that works for you. And you are always welcome here, Surface owner or not.

ibenzawla

I have had my RT for a while now and I have not yet experienced an issue that is not yet resolved by an update. In fact recently I have grown to really appreciate the value of this wonderful device. I haven't owned or used the any of the SPs yet and so I cant tell. But my RT is one very good companion. That said I cannot go as far as dismissing others complaint about a device that work very well for me but not for them. Maybe they are just not lucky.

macmee

I don't blame OP for being angry and wanting to give up on Microsoft.

At every step they've failed me too. I've hard hardware problems with my touch cover and my surface, I had the firmware problems (just about every one there is to have). I tried setting up an exchange for my surface and Microsoft support actually lied to me two times and told me my new device had shipped, come to find out a entire week later that my device hadn't shipped yet, that they have no idea when it will ship, and that they can and will do nothing else for me.

So here I stand, clutching my buggy $1500 investment of money, as an indifferent Microsoft continues to help me not.

Wayne Orwig

I dunno. I've never had any issues with either model. Given that they're nearly identical, I'm convinced those that "give up" are victims of PEBKAC.
Which can ONLY be solved by purchasing an Apple product, as no common sense, need for real word apps, speed, or compatibility with 99.9% of all software are ever needed.
I'm sure at this point none of you know what PEBKAC means. If only there was a website that would let you type words in it, and then tell you the meaning..I'd call it Kroogle!
Enjoy that Mac. ;)

I had to look it up. :)
I think you are right.

I work in a small test lab. Around me are dozens of windows OS machine that are do work. Occasionally a client will come in with equipment that may include a windows OS laptop, or sometimes two or three, to perform work. They occasionally bring in an iPad or Macbook too. The will use the Apple equipment to surf the web, read the news, play a game. Then when they need to switch back to work, they have to go back to the windows OS equipment. I have yet to see an WORK happen on an Apple product in decades of being around this type of equipment.
And that is fine if that is what you want to do.
What really gets them though, is when they see the I can switch my Surface to landscape and use the touch screen to scroll around and read news or whatever while I wait, then switch back to portrait mode and snap on the keyboard and go to WORK, all with one device.

I've have no real issues with mine. And I can only recall one time in the 10 months or so that I have owned it needing to reset it. It just works for me.

lparsons21

Nice post, and good opinion.

I'm primarily an Apple guy and was doing work with nothing but Apple gear and software for years. Not media stuff which the Apple gear all excels at, but the more mundane business support stuff. I can do the same with Windows or Linux. It isn't brain surgery, just knowing what you want to do and find the tools to do it with.

All of that said, I bought a Surface Pro and have found it to be excellent, may even entice me away from Apple now that I'm retired and the switchover would be easy or at least not daunting.

One thing that I've noticed here in many threads is that it isn't that the gear is bad, it is that in spite of the fact that the Surface line is MS' flagship at premium pricing, the after sale support is not anything 'premium' or of flagship quality. After sale support can make or break any product, and that is what MS needs to offer.

CrippsCorner

I had to look it up. :)
I think you are right.

I work in a small test lab. Around me are dozens of windows OS machine that are do work. Occasionally a client will come in with equipment that may include a windows OS laptop, or sometimes two or three, to perform work. They occasionally bring in an iPad or Macbook too. The will use the Apple equipment to surf the web, read the news, play a game. Then when they need to switch back to work, they have to go back to the windows OS equipment. I have yet to see an WORK happen on an Apple product in decades of being around this type of equipment.
And that is fine if that is what you want to do.
What really gets them though, is when they see the I can switch my Surface to landscape and use the touch screen to scroll around and read news or whatever while I wait, then switch back to portrait mode and snap on the keyboard and go to WORK, all with one device.

I've have no real issues with mine. And I can only recall one time in the 10 months or so that I have owned it needing to reset it. It just works for me.

It's funny (don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you) but my girlfriend is the complete opposite. She's had two iMac's in a row and now needs another computer, but funds are low... I asked her if she really needed a Mac, and not just a Windows computer. But she said, "I need to do work, therefore I need a Mac"
starstruck.png
(to be fair though, she does use Photoshop & Illustrator most of the time)