What's new

HELP: How to choose a surface that fits my needs.

kundas1

sorry but I disagree with you, it's is sooo easy to search for what the OP was particularly asking help with, it's not hard nor unique at all! but you do make a point where this is the best place to find something that isn't in the "norm" like my problem which I couldn't go to youtube nore anywhere else, as it was a unique problem. Hence why I posted here asking for assistance. Asking what are the differences between the 2 Surfaces (and asking for graphs?) is not OUR JOB but is easy to look up, goto MS site for graphs and specs as that's where they have it posted or if you wanna SEE how they compare then you goto youtube (again not difficult) sorry but that is how I see it. now if your asking what our opinions of the device and if we like it then I can see coming here and asking because this is a good place to ask, since we all own one lol

to the OP my opinion (which probably worth 0) you'd be better off with a Surface 1 as you said you didn't have much money and it has Office on there, if you need some heavy word doc or excel editing that you can't do on the Surface, then you can install splashtop and connect to your main computer AT HOME/WORK and use whatever Office you have installed on there which will work fully... with splashtop you can use any legacy app that is on your computer. if your not familiar with splashtop google it and they will tell you everything you need to know, or even youtube can demonstrate how it works.

fredoffsamee

Moderncat: Your original post said you didn't want to spend a lot of money (was same reason I never bought the surface when they came out)...but when the original surface rt came on sale a couple weeks back at $199 I figured "why not"...Now that sale has ended,why I suggest you try your local craigslist and do a search for brand new surface rt (as I'm sure there will be lots of people who bought them purely to resell on craigs to make a quick buck)...Ive seen lots on my local craigs (vancouver cdn) going for $250-300.....Or simply buy the original from Microsoft online store for $349.

As for office (it's home and student version) which for most home users is More then enough!

Ive used this surface one for a couple weeks,and it's got more then enough speed ect for good daily use...while I'm sure the surface rt 2 is even loads better,it's also a fair amount more expensive $449.

Maybe you should tell us your exact needs and myself and other users can help you pick what surface will work best for your needs?