What's new

Good accessories for SP3

As I wait for my i7 256gb to show up I've already purchased a few accessories. I wanted to find a folio case of some sort but all the ones I found have a ribbon for the kickstand only allowing it to go back so far so I picked up the Targus sleeve at bestbuy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/targus-...wNw&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-vhnyLT.bU_J7tpUVnNkdJA I also got a screen protector and a silver brushed metal skin from stickerboy.
LOL I ordered the same case from dell.

I haven't bought a case. I like, for the most part, the type cover. Not the best protection, I know, but I like it. I just don't want to get a cover to make the sp3 bigger than it already is.
THe type cover does have its faults..like I wish they had a forward and previous button for music...
In both Metro and desktop version of Windows Media player hitting the Tab key will produce a box around an element on the player. Keep hitting Tab until the Next button is highlighted and then Enter will take you forward to the next song. Shift+Tab cycles you backwards so you can get to previous with just 2 hits. Not as convenient as dedicated Player Buttons, but you can do almost anything with the keyboard in Windows.

Thank you all advice. I am out town for several days. I have checked them, compared with my first find. I'd like to give it a try. Consider it is a case, i can understand it will block the kickstand. The case itself has a stand, so that is not a problem. From pictures, it fit the SP3 well. and together I will have a keyboard, it is really nice deal. In for one, will update more info when I receive it.

In both Metro and desktop version of Windows Media player hitting the Tab key will produce a box around an element on the player. Keep hitting Tab until the Next button is highlighted and then Enter will take you forward to the next song. Shift+Tab cycles you backwards so you can get to previous with just 2 hits. Not as convenient as dedicated Player Buttons, but you can do almost anything with the keyboard in Windows.
Thanks this helps...although I still miss my iPad and being able to pause, forward, etc without having to unlock the screen

Thanks this helps...although I still miss my iPad and being able to pause, forward, etc without having to unlock the screen
If you are using on of the Modern UI Media Players that are written to take advantage of the WinRT media controls (i.e. you get a player UI when you adjust the volume or use the keyboard media keys) those same controls work will the screen is locked

Just got this Surface 3 case from Amazon and I love it!

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Gen...1405508976&sr=1-5&keywords=Surface+pro+3+case

It fits the Surface Pro perfectly and accommodates the touch cover well.

Pros:
-Fits Surface Pro perfectly
-Works with touch cover in place
-Impressive material and not low-quality
-Cut outs surrounding main screen allows for side swiping generously
-Can tilt screen at many angles
-Stylus loop

Cons:
-Was worried that I'm getting a low quality case based on the super low price, but was pleasantly surprised.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. I hope it holds up over time as great as it looks new.

Last edited:
If you are using on of the Modern UI Media Players that are written to take advantage of the WinRT media controls (i.e. you get a player UI when you adjust the volume or use the keyboard media keys) those same controls work will the screen is locked
I just tried it on the METRO Xbox Music app....I locked the screen and woke up the monitor and I didn't see any controls.

I just tried it on the METRO Xbox Music app....I locked the screen and woke up the monitor and I didn't see any controls.

Weird here is my lock screen with the Xbox Music Controls...

upload_2014-7-16_9-37-11.png

Back