Editor in Chief
Cortana related files have already been spotted in the Windows 10 Technical Preview build. It even includes something called Cortana Notebook which allows you to personalize your experience. Here's a quote with some of the details of this feature,
We aren't surprised by this news, but we are still pleased to see it. Microsoft has made it obvious they want Cortana functionality throughout their Windows line.Cortana’s Notebook includes some interests that are turned on for you by default. You can turn them off or remove them at any time. (You can also add your own interests, like sport and finance.) The default interests in Cortana’s Notebook are:
- Weather near me – Cortana can keep you up to date on the weather where you are now, or you can keep tabs on somewhere far away.
- Headline news – Pick a topic – business, entertainment, health, politics, sport, technology, UK or world – and Cortana will get you the latest on that subject. If you don’t want to choose, no worries. Cortana will use default news interests.
- Trip planner – If you’re expecting to travel soon, the Trip planner interest can help. Cortana will pay attention to any flight itineraries in your email. Then, five hours before your trip, she’ll give you a summary of what’s ahead, including your flight status, traffic conditions on the way to the airport and the weather in your destination city. Depending on your country or region, you can also get rail info.
- Getting around – Cortana will let you know how traffic is looking on your normal routes, and give you a heads up if you need extra time to get where you’re going.
- Daily glance – Cortana will put together a quick look at your day, with things like weather, traffic and the latest headlines