What's new

Character-by-character (as opposed to freehand)

sdreamer

Charms > Change PC Settings > Time and Language > Region and Language: choose your language under languages > Options > Language Options: "Write characters in freehand" or "Write character separately"
There isn't any other way to switch between the modes unless you go through all those settings to change it or just stick with freestyle and edit. Hope that helps.

kristalsoldier

Well, I did not buy the keyboard and anything I have been posting here and anywhere have been handwritten.

Coming back to the initial question, you can write in print letters. There is not a letter by letter keyboard "Palm" style.

Are you serious?

OP
L

lastfreedom

Charms > Change PC Settings > Time and Language > Region and Language: choose your language under languages > Options > Language Options: "Write characters in freehand" or "Write character separately"
There isn't any other way to switch between the modes unless you go through all those settings to change it or just stick with freestyle and edit. Hope that helps.

Thanks for that. Can I assume 'Charms' is what they're calling the Control Panel nowadays? Is it possible to set up a shortcut on the desktop (or a tile) that makes the toggling between the two easier? Failing that, are there alternative software keyboards available in Microsoft's 'App Store'?

malberttoo

Thanks for that. Can I assume 'Charms' is what they're calling the Control Panel nowadays?

No, Charms is what you get when you swipe in from the right of the screen. The Charms are also mirrored on the Surface Keyboard, on the top row, what used to the function keys.

sdreamer

Thanks for that. Can I assume 'Charms' is what they're calling the Control Panel nowadays? Is it possible to set up a shortcut on the desktop (or a tile) that makes the toggling between the two easier? Failing that, are there alternative software keyboards available in Microsoft's 'App Store'?
Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region then right click "Language" and create a shortcut or pin it. When you go into Language you hit options and it'll be there for you to change.