What's new

Can't shutdown anymore

millinho

Anyone knows that bug? My surface doesn't shutdown or restart anymore
if i click shutdown nothing happens, if it runs out of battery the shutdown process takes forever until i end it manually..

Have you tried firing the shutdown by holding the power button for 6-10 seconds? Then hit the power button again and you will see the Surface screen if it shutdown properly. When mine start to misbehaving, forcing a shutdown and then rebooting usually corrects everything. Worth a shot.

I had the same thing happen to me. I did a refresh and it didn't fix it, I did a complete wipe and restore and it did. Then I went back in and started tweaking like I did before and the bug came back. It was a change that I did after reading it in one of the forums that trashed it again. I undid that change and it all started working again. I wish I could remember what it was that caused it, but look at some of the tweaks you have done.

Big difference between RT OS and iOS is with RT you can really mess with the operating system which can really mess things up.

Aw: Can't shutdown anymore

ok, thanks for the answers. i tried the refresh and it worked, but now i have only one gb of memory left. before the refresh i had seven gb..

Click on your C-drive in File-Explorer -> Change the ribbon to drive-tools -> clean up and click on system data to add the old windows-backup and perform the clean-up.

Back